New Allison XTB 21 owner

ROBERT CROSS

Welcome Aboard.....Don't know how the 28 will work for you.
BUT I do know you'll have fun finding out.
Stay safe, wear a good vest and don't rush it.:cool:

Crippen

She has a windshield again :). I’m getting her together like Johny Cash “One piece at a time”

Crippen

Got the dashboard piece I made and sonar in place today. Then I followed instructions posted by @SLOmofo in another thread to determine my motor height. It’s 3/4 below pad right now. I didn’t move it today I just marked the jack plate so I have a reference for later. Having fun :)

gmorgan

Do you have a low water pickup on your lower unit? That’s very important when you start getting into the low to mid 80’s.
Also, the most important info is for your boat to be balanced from left to right. With you sitting to the far right, a lot of other items must be located on the left for it to balance out. When you get on the pad, this will be a critical issue.

Crippen

Do you have a low water pickup on your lower unit? That’s very important when you start getting into the low to mid 80’s.
Also, the most important info is for your boat to be balanced from left to right. With you sitting to the far right, a lot of other items must be located on the left for it to balance out. When you get on the pad, this will be a critical issue.
Yes I have a sport master lower. I have what little I carry in the boat on the left side. I can’t stay on pad to save my life yet. I just bounce from decal to decal once I hit 70 .
A problem that is resolved by spending more time on the water is the best problem ever though.

David Shook

What a great job you have done bringing her back to life , beautiful , reminds me of the old carp boat I pulled out of a junk yard many years ago , I'm impressed , You will be on pad soon , its like learning to riding a bike , Once you get on the pad and set up correct maybe 90-95 Be safe and enjoy , she's a gooden. Shook