New Bass Boat Speed record Set

RB in NM

FYI- Congrats David Shook! In an Allison, way to keep the Records Straight!
Below from Scream and Fly----

#1 Today, 09:28 AM
Sam Baker
Senior Member Join Date: Apr 2001

Bass Boat Record Falls in Crescent City, FL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Shook from Hendersonville, NC is the new king of Bass Boating. David drove his Mercury powered Allison 2002 bass boat through the APBA/UIM Approved kilometer at an average speed of 112.448 MPH shattering the old Jaco's record of 105. That speed was an average of passes made in both directions (to offset any wind assistance) over a timed kilometer.

There were also some Super Light Tunnel (inflatables) that ran this morning and at least one of those records was broken as well. Next up is Ken Gouty in a Playcraft Pontoon with two...yes TWO 496 Mercruisers. I know Ken is already planning on putting blowers on those motors...YAHOO - pass me a beer and a brat and turn up the tunes - that's my kind of pontoon boat. Ken used to have what now appears to be a woefully underpowered pontoon boat with a single 300 ProMax on it.

In much sadder news, Michael Irvin from Florida, in testing for the kilo event, wrecked his Allison bass boat and is hospitalized with a broken pelvis and Hypthermia among other injuries. The crash did not happen at the kilo event, but rather on his home test lake getting ready to come over to try and break the record.

RJ Wanska was assisting him, so hopefully RJ will provide an update. I'll certainly pass on any information I get when I can. Our prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery. I know the boat is the least important thing at times like these, but if Michael recovers physically from this event - and initial reports are he will, we hope is boat is not beyond repair either and the boat can recover quickly as well. These boats are many times our only watercraft so to lose them is a sad thought.

So, congratulations to David Shook on being the new holder of the Bass Boat World Record.

GotMyAlly

Congrats to David! I'm glad to hear the record stays in the A-boat family.

Hate to hear about the guy that got hurt, but glad it wasn't any worse than it was (could have been a lot worse). Hope he recovers quickly.

D

DarthVMAX

But of course!!!! Were there ANY doubts that it would NOT be an ALLISON??? :wink: :lol: :lol: 8)

Way to go David! Does anyone know what his fastest one way was and what motor was he running :?:

EDIT: Was this the 250 low-emission record? I remember Paul N. set a 105 mph in his 20cc/250xs a couple of years ago was this it?

ALLISONMAN

glad to see allison move it up from where it was just wish I could have made the runs!!!!!! WHERES THOSE FAST BULLETS????????????couldnt resist guys

Yellowallison

YO Aman! P :p :p

Hey- I thought yu wuz guuna take YUR daddiez BULLET and come rewrite the recordz..
Yu didn't hear yu phone ringin.............. :D :D

Congrads to the one guy for the new Ally record!

and hope the other guy is OK and gets to feeling better!

J

John Richied

Congratulations to David and thank you for steeping up!!! 112.4 mph average is outstanding. I'm glad to hear the record stays in the Family too... YEAH BABY!

I hope Michael has a full recovery and prayers and best wishes for him.

RB in NM

Too bad about the injury,,

Trying to break a record like that will really put you on the ragged edge,,,,for a kilo mile to boot!

Hope he has a "speedy" recovery.

I'm curious as heck to find out what happened and at what speed?

RB

K

Kevin from FL

Glad for the record but I sure am sad that Michael Irvin got hurt getting ready for it.

Prayers are with him for a fast and full recovery.