New Boat Coming soon

baitcaster

Well, I won't be bank-less Boat trash for to much longer :big grin.

I sent a down payment on a new to me rig and will be heading north at the end of the month (hopefully) to go get her. She isn't an Allison :sad, but I am excited none the less :big grin. I opted to get into a "B" boat, a 20 xdc. Hopefully, I will be seeing you boys on the H2O soon.

Ltcbutch

Boatless is a empty feeling. Welcome back to the pleasures of life.

What's the powerplant?

baitcaster

:gasp...LOL! :cuss LOL!
Welcome back!
:LMAO:LOL > Thanks guys, appreciate the welcomes, etc. It wasn't an easy decision. I looked at a few 2002s, but the wife didn't like the seating. I could have made a 2002 into a side steer and added a front seat and the longer windshield, but I would have lost the room that I had in my old 2003. I even considered getting another 03, and she like to have knocked me silly :punch, (having just sold mine). So a Bullet it was. Maybe one day I will be able to have/afford a second boat - just for me boat - and will be able to find a inexpensive 2002 - fixer up-er and will get a 2002 for play. But that will have to be a few years down the road. For now the Bullet will be the project, but forgive me if I come on Alliowners and oogle ya'll rigs. A large part of my heart is still in an Alli and if I can ever be of assistance to anyone on this forum, just let me know.

h2oskiier30

Dang, Roy.

Stanton once told me that having an XB2003 is nothing but fun and games...until an XB2002 shows up and starts laying spankings down.

Now, you'll be able to tell people that having a Bullet is all fun and games....until an Allison shows up and starts laying spankings down. :laughing :LMAO:

baitcaster

Boatless is a empty feeling. Welcome back to the pleasures of life.

What's the powerplant?
It really was. I hated selling my 03, but it was done and the rig has a fine owner. I think this was the first time that I did not have a boat in 18+ years and it felt like I was standing naked in the center of a football arena. All of my boating friends were ragging me and I missed my old boat even before it pulled away from the house :same ole song. It feels good to be getting another boat and I already started planing on how I am going to dress her out. :at the bar

A Merc 225 Sport is the power-house. It is not going to be a triple digit boat like the Alli w/the 260 was, but it should run upper 80s maybe even hit 90 if I can get it set up and prop-ed out right. It should make a fine fishing boat and the colors on the boat are unique. If I upgrade her right it should turn out to be a pretty unique/sweet rig. There are a few things that need to be fixed and/or added to/on the boat, but that is part of the fun of having a boat, so the project is on :big grin, or at least it will be soon.

Last edited:

baitcaster

dang, roy.

Stanton once told me that having an xb2003 is nothing but fun and games...until an xb2002 shows up and starts laying spankings down.

Now, you'll be able to tell people that having a bullet is all fun and games....until an allison shows up and starts laying spankings down. :lmao:
lol.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Allyfishing

Well....lets see some photos of the new rig when ya get it! And hopefully your wife won't slap ya upside the head when she misses the protection behind your console on the XB03! Ooops...did I just say that out load?? LOL :big grin
Just kidding with ya! At least your back in a boat again. :big grin

F2008

Going conservative in your old age huh? :big grin

Seriously, congrats and enjoy it Roy, I'm sure you'll have her all blinged out in no time.

ROBERT CROSS

:wink Welcome back from the newbie...

From what I saw of your last rig, can't wait 'ta see how 'ya trick this one out.

Keep post'n...:very happy

J

John Richied

Dang, Roy.

Stanton once told me that having an XB2003 is nothing but fun and games...until an XB2002 shows up and starts laying spankings down.

Now, you'll be able to tell people that having a Bullet is all fun and games....until an Allison shows up and starts laying spankings down. :laughing :LMAO:
Plus I think Roy should be ban from Allison owners…. :laughing

Its okay, even Bayliner owners love being “on the water” :big grin

Deuce00

Welcome back Roy. Can't wait to see the pics of this next project of yours . BTW - I'm loving the last project you had !!!!:at the bar
:gone fishing

Deuce00

Yea and no ! Having to send the transom saver back . It doesn't even come close to touching the bolts on the steering knuckle , wayyyyy to wide ! The sliders and the seat hole caps look pretty sharp though . I'll take some pics and send them to you . Also bought a 28 big ear from B. Hebert . Great looking prop but I'm having it worked on to do what I want it to do . Right now I'm still learning the landing part , but getting much better ! Atleast the wife thinks so ...... :soap box

baitcaster

Yep Deuce ya better post for everybody. As far as the transom saver, Killer was supposed to make me one. I had told him what I had in mind (sim. to that one I had rigged - but better and stronger, etc). You may want to PM him and see what he can do for you. If he is game, tell him we need two of them :very happy. You could use the bottom part of the one you have and get a clean looking set up.

K.Kiser

Bullet makes a fine boat that runs really well... If it's been taken care of it'll still be tight and serve You well... They drive awesome and are very forgiving with a great lay-out of the interior for a superb sandbar boat... First and foremost I'm an Allison Guy, but if The Fairy Godmother told Me all I could have for the rest of My life was a Bullet I'd feel just fine about it... My Dad had a 21'10" XDC, I've had a 17'CC, and I worked at a Bullet dealership in high school and I used to rig them there and I still love'em... Congrats

baitcaster

Bullet makes a fine boat that runs really well... If it's been taken care of it'll still be tight and serve You well... They drive awesome and are very forgiving with a great lay-out of the interior for a superb sandbar boat... First and foremost I'm an Allison Guy, but if The Fairy Godmother told Me all I could have for the rest of My life was a Bullet I'd feel just fine about it... My Dad had a 21'10" XDC, I've had a 17'CC, and I worked at a Bullet dealership in high school and I used to rig them there and I still love'em... Congrats
I really appreciated your comments. Thanks! :big grin

Sean, cool.....Tell Killer, that I would be happy to go to his house and help him, but I may need to get some measurements from you.