New from South Dakota

richard wipf

Thanks for the welcome! Have always owned Glastrons and decided I needed an Allison GSE, I’m semi retired after 40 years flying airplanes. Been married 39 years to my beautiful wife Mauna Loa and have one daughter Bella, hate to fish but love eating them. Richard

gtgg9

Probationary User
Welcome! Just got my first Allison back in February (Bassport 2+2) and it's been a thrilling ride! :)

22R

Welcome and Congrats on the Ally. Tell us about what kind of pilot you are ? Kind of aircraft?

22R

richard wipf

Welcome and Congrats on the Ally. Tell us about what kind of pilot you are ? Kind of aircraft?

22R
Thanks for the welcome! I flew agriculture spray planes, well I guess I still do tried to retire 3 years ago but a friend called and needed help, so much for retirement! Flying AirTractor planes for last 30 some years. They are all turbine engines (jet fuel) and hold 400 to 800 gallons depending on the model. I’ll post some pics of them and Alli (name of boat) when I get some time here.

Ally-Sun

Welcome Richard, the GS is a fantastic hull for sure! Enjoy the ride!

Very cool, congrats on the Aerial Applicator career! My son is in the middle of getting his Aerial Applicator's License. He is paying his dues this summer/fall as a ground guy. He is planning to go to Ag Pilot school out your way somewhere next spring.

richard wipf

Welcome Richard, the GS is a fantastic hull for sure! Enjoy the ride!

Very cool, congrats on the Aerial Applicator career! My son is in the middle of getting his Aerial Applicator's License. He is paying his dues this summer/fall as a ground guy. He is planning to go to Ag Pilot school out your way somewhere next spring.
Thanks for the welcome and good luck to your son. Picture of my GS and a couple of me spraying north of Pierre SD. That field was kinda a pain with all those wires to watch out for.

Attachments

Ally-Sun

Beautiful boat you have there Richard! Grand Sports are the sharpest boat on the water in my opinion. Have fun flying that new ride!

Great pictures of you flying amongst the myriad of power lines. I was a ground pounder back in the day, I drove Terra-Gators and Ro-Gators.

richard wipf

Beautiful boat you have there Richard! Grand Sports are the sharpest boat on the water in my opinion. Have fun flying that new ride!

Great pictures of you flying amongst the myriad of power lines. I was a ground pounder back in the day, I drove Terra-Gators and Ro-Gators.
I agree, look like their going 100 just sitting on the trailer, rode along with a friend when he was spraying with a ground machine and it amazed me how close with them long booms he would get to the fence lines in his turns without hitting something.

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Nice boat, you will love it. I believe I saw that one when it was for sale, Merc 260 will be fast? Looked like the owner took excellent care of it, you got a good one for sure. Learning to drive it is fun, make sure you get a Lifeline Vest if one did not come with it, and use your kill switch religiously. Enjoy!!

richard wipf

Thanks, yes the previous owner really did take great care of her! I’m getting her ready for winter storage now unfortunately but having thoughts of hooking her up to the truck and heading south. I did get one lifeline vest along with some other very nice items. Hoping for a short winter!18384

Reactions: 22R