New Here

15Ally

I have an Allison 15r I am working on (posted pics in the restoration section) I was curious if one of these boats would hold a V6? I have an inline 6 for it but was just curious about the V.

mwr

Look at the Allison 50th anniversity. The red and white 15' with the V-6 is my old boat. It is still running. I sold it to a guy and have been trying to buy it back ever since I let it go. The motor is a 2.4 (at that time Formula 1) with a 1 to 1 lower. I built a wedge to tuck the motor in a little more than the transom angle (that was before the wedges were available). It is one fast little boat. Drives fine. If you will take your time and set one up they are a fine handeling boat.

15Ally

Look at the Allison 50th anniversity. The red and white 15' with the V-6 is my old boat. It is still running. I sold it to a guy and have been trying to buy it back ever since I let it go. The motor is a 2.4 (at that time Formula 1) with a 1 to 1 lower. I built a wedge to tuck the motor in a little more than the transom angle (that was before the wedges were available). It is one fast little boat. Drives fine. If you will take your time and set one up they are a fine handeling boat.

Where are these pictures at?

mwr

The picture is on S&F. Go to "search" and type in "Allison 50th Anniversary Gallery". The boat is the red and white with the V-6 that has steering wings. It is on a white Dilley trailer with chrome wheels and behind a Chevriolet P/U. There are some other pictures of on on there but that is the best one.

mwr

One more bit of information. The small lower unit works best with the V-6, such as a SSM with either 14/15 or one with 1/1 gears. The wedge I built was a 1" alluminum and was machined from the 1" at the top to 1/4" at the bottom. Worked great. Should you have any questions let me know. I am no expert by far, but have a lot of experience with a 15 footer. I had a Twister I, a stock 150 S/S, a stock 150 in line with a S/S and 1/1 lower, a 2 leader V-6 and the 2.4 V-6 both with 1/1 lower units on a 15' Allison. Good luck and enjoy.

15Ally

What exactly is the wedge you are talking about. This is the first high performance boat I have owned. The only thing that even comes close is my 18 foot baja with a 150 on it. So bare with me.

GFinch

The wedge goes between the transom and engine. Gives more tuck under or trim out depending on which way it's installed.