new indash ??

hcspeed

doin a resto on my 2002 , new carpet ,wiring , switches etc. but i want to upgrade my indash chartplotter , sonar , running a hummingbird 383 now , but screen is kinda flared , and gps only reads 2 digits , so 99 is all top speed i can read , any suggestions , thanks

Luketrician

I mounted my HDS* chartplotter/fishfinder/etc etc on a jumbo ram mount on my dash about a foot and a half away from centerline of the steering wheel..with the ram mount it sits about level with the console gauges. I like it :)

hcspeed

HDS ?? is that lowerance ?? will it read speeds in the 4 digits ? 100.whatever. my boat was originally rigged with one of the old round humming bird flashers 3 3/8" hole in dash I just squared the hole a bit and fabbed some mounts to sink in the 383 . don't really know if i want to fill it in and order a new fast bass dash and counter sink a new unit into it or just upgrade the 383 . but if I am gonna spend I want a speedo that will read high enough , and a chart plotter at least as good as this one . can you post pics of yours ? thanks

Luketrician

yeah..let me find some pics and I will post them up

I think you may have seen me and my boat at pauls shop a time or two?

22R

Good Gawd that is a view blocker !! But you will be able to watch Football on it. !!

22R

Luketrician

mehh, not that much of a view blocker imho..and yeah I do benifit from the additional wind protection it provides.

I really love the location though, it makes navigation and settings a breeze, heck there "aint" nowhere else I'd have it :)

hcspeed

Luke, looking to replace 1 I have mounted about where your , trim gauge is. Or into a fast bass dash.how many digits dose that monitor show?

Luketrician

Hey sorry for the late re..

I am not sure about the speedo digits..I would assume three digits plus a tenth.

funny I havent made any triple digit runs since I upgraded to this HDS 8 lol.