New prop on the way

TxAllisonXB21

I finally broke down and ordered a new style Bravo XS to try as a fishing/loaded prop. I'm sure it will require some tweaking but the testing part is always fun!

hhxb21

Probationary User
I did the same, haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

TxAllisonXB21

Here is a short test run early this morning before work. Had about a qrtr mile to see what it would do and was pulling hard to 80 @6100-6200. Should be some left in it with a little more room. I was solo but loaded pretty heavy!

Blueally XB21

Hi Jay,
The video of your short run looked good. It appeared your got on plan very easily, impressive. I am currently running a worked (very thin) 27 trophy that has great top end (88+) but a little sluggish out of the hole and little long legged.
Did you notice any differences out of the hole with this prop or have you used or tried other props that perform well with hole shot?
FYI, I am running a 225X on the same hull.

Thanks, Harvey

xb03fs

Hi Jay,
The video of your short run looked good. It appeared your got on plan very easily, impressive. I am currently running a worked (very thin) 27 trophy that has great top end (88+) but a little sluggish out of the hole and little long legged.
Did you notice any differences out of the hole with this prop or have you used or tried other props that perform well with hole shot?

Thanks, Harvey
I have tried over through hubs trophy style and cleaver style and the big barrel props work (all around performance) best even with 2.5 L power on the XB21, with the flair trim to the same length as the blade tips. I have tried worked bravos and worked hydromotives XOB and prefer the worked hydros over the bravos but the difference is minimal...

with my 200 pretty much any big enough to run low 80's will run low 80's the differences just seem to be in holeshot and acceleration.

Here is my 200 XRI powered xb21 2+2 with a big barrel prop and 11.5" of setback. This year I am moving in to 9.5" of setback as the boat is a little too trim sensitive light and it should help my holeshot even more.

TxAllisonXB21

Hi Jay,

Thanks, Harvey
I have ran a stock 25 trophy (sluggish holeshot and only 77 mph) I have a stock 26 TRO4 that has good holeshot and 81 on top. I have a stock Mazco 28 RE4 that has awesome holeshot but I hit the limiter to early around 80. My main prop is a stock 25 OT-4 that has been my best all round performer with good holeshot and 82.7 on top. I hit the limiter on all the props when running solo still loaded to fish. The TRO4 and OT-4 both run a lot stiffer than the Trophy and Mazco. All these numbers are run in about 1/2 mile stretches with full fishing loads.

TxAllisonXB21

My Bravo is stock. I am waiting for the weather to allow for a full pass to get my top rpm speed and height right then see what the prop needs. Only pass I have made was on the video and that was with the propshaft 3/8" above the pad and boat not balanced for a topend run. Our little Town Lake does not give room to stretch out. The DSRA boys run the 1/4 drags there but I need a little more room.

TxAllisonXB21

It seems that the weather is always pretty when I'm at work and horrible on my off days lol. It supposed to be clearing up Sunday and Monday here so I will give it a whirl then.