New Sportmaster price??

white03

Hey guys, question please. I'm going to need a new SM and got a price of $6818 from a dealer. Is that a good price? Gotta say it seems kinda high to me. What would be a good price for a new SM from a Merc dealer.

thanx

Bill

catfish123

Call Lee Sanderson...........I'd be surprised if he wouldn't do better than that.

RedAllison

Hey guys, question please. I'm going to need a new SM and got a price of $6818 from a dealer. Is that a good price? Gotta say it seems kinda high to me. What would be a good price for a new SM from a Merc dealer.

thanx

Bill
HOLY :cuss at that price what powerhead is attached to it? :gasp

DAMN I knew new cases from MuthaMerc were steep but not Himalayas steep... :surprised

Hope you find one about 1/2 that price and then remember whichever dealer this is that wanted to violate your innermost parts!!! :shock:

rmills280

5900 was the est. and what the ins. pd. for mine a couple months ago, 15" sporty fat shaft.

white03

Lee - if you're listening please PM me a price for a new Sportmaster lower unit for a 2.5 motor, long drive shaft (20"), 1.87 gears, right hand rotation, "fat" prop shaft, and the curved skeg (has the built-in torque tamer).

white03

yes I saw that one for 3600, and talked to the guy, but I wasn't ready to buy yet, no insurance money at the time. it's gone now, I checked.

Thanx for the link. Seemed I remember $5500-5600, and that confirms they are in that price range.

I'm leery of a used one, could get someone else's problems, or even if there's not a known problem still there's no telling how much wear and tear there is on it. Sure is tempting though.....

white03

Anyone have any experience with the SEI gearcase that Eagle One has on S&F. $1700 new with a Bob's nose and low water pick-up. Says it has the equivelent internals as OEM. Just seems too good to be true.

h2oskiier30

The SEI gearcases won't stay together in surfacing applications...and coning them voids the warranty.

All that...aside from Eagle One's *ahem* questionable work.

njj502

Beagle one..... what a joker.... I've seen a 3L cowl he did.... could see all the lines where it was molded together and he used super duper red tape for the freaking decals.....

I wouldn't run an SEI on ANY performance application but would in an instant for a slow boat.

Keep your eyes on S&F.... there are a lot of good sellers there and have good used stuff!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I had a brand new sportmaster rearended by an idiot in 2008. Cracked the case by the blowout ring.

Took 7 months but insurance paid me $5500 for it.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I haven't done business with Eagle One or even know him...but I'd be glad to talk trash about him! He did weird things to my dog with a fork, and I don't even own a dog...

msethsmile

Funny Guy
white03--
That $6818 is list price for a 20". That would put dealer cost somewhere around $4091. There's your negotiating range.