New to me 2+2

JWolff

Just finalized a deal for 2003 xb21 2+2 with a 2003 Merc 250. He lives near Sandersons so I am having him take it there so Lee's guys can go through it and make sure all is as good as the seller says it is before I cut the check (I am in the pacific northwest so buying off of pics only).

My question to you guys is what should I tell Lee to look for and inspect?

I was just going to tell Lee to do whatever you would do if it was your boat and your family getting in the boat. Standard stuff like motor compression but also checking the steering real close (not hydraulic). I am brand new to performance boats but been a lurker for 8 yrs here so hopefully I have learned enough to not take it too fast and get hurt.

Thanks, John

wasmeneh

Don't need help from us, Lee is a great guy and knows what to look for. You might want to ask him to make sure it's set up right, prop etc.... he really knows his stuff.

22R

Congrats and +1 on the comments about Mr. Sanderson...... Never hear anything negative about him. Post some pics and welcome to Allison Owners.

22R

JWolff

I will post the pics when the boat arrives. All the ones I got from the owner are up close since it was in his shop. I want a 50ft away type of pic to take in all the beauty. It is white with dark blue wings.

atcje

Are you having it shipped to you or are you coming to get it?
Congrats, you will love the boat.

Podge

You may want to check with Nancy at Allison boats. She my be able to help with the
transportation or give you some advise . I think they may have another boat going that way.

JWolff

I will call nancy when shipping date gets closer. Dealing with banks and paperwork right now. My bank requires a title and apparently not all states require titles on boats so that may push delivery time out a few weeks to order a title from north carolina.

JWolff

Butch,

Cant figure out how to reply to the PM. Dont see any boxes to type into or "reply" type of options. But to answer your question, yes, that is where/who it is coming from.

John

ScottB

Like LifeLine does, I wonder if Todd at Hydromotive would be open to a group buy and get a discount :). Todd, you listening?

Ltcbutch

Good deal, it appeared to be a sharp and well taken care of boat in the pics. I spoke with him several times and he was very quick to provide answers to any questions about the boat.

I don't think you will have as much room in second row, but it is cool looking with the 4 buckets! Besides you won't be sitting in the back!!

Lee is familiar with the boat so you will be in good hands.

JWolff

Yeah i was surprised to see 4 wrap around buckets. Never seen that before. Will be interesting to see if the back ones interfere a bunch with the rod organizers. Might be looking for the standard fold down seats if there are issues. I am a fisherman first and must have all the fishing aspects of this boat maximized.
John

xb03fs

Yeah i was surprised to see 4 wrap around buckets. Never seen that before. Will be interesting to see if the back ones interfere a bunch with the rod organizers. Might be looking for the standard fold down seats if there are issues. I am a fisherman first and must have all the fishing aspects of this boat maximized.
John
What color are bucket shells? I may be interested in shells... You keep covers for spare for your front

xb03fs

No worry with buckets in back take up same space as fold downs. 2+2 are awesome in that rear passengers can straddle front seats spacing is fine even for adults...