New to me, XB 21 2+2 Maiden Voyage

wasmeneh

Well got my paperwork filed so I took the wife on the maiden voyage of my 2014 XB 21 2+2. Thanks Steve all went well. Took it easy and burned some gas, wife thinks 50 is too fast, so I spent a couple of hours cruising around figuring out the different systems. I have to wok on the balance a little but it may be fine with just me in the boat. Here's a picture before we loaded back up.IMG_1123.JPG

scj

I tell ya Mike, it's odd seeing it on the water without me being there. Becky said the same thing but we are glad you two have it.

Don't feel bad, I came out of a 2003 to that boat and I was all over the lake getting used to it. Once you do get the feel for it, she'll never know the difference between 50 to 80.......
I probably have a 100 pounds on you and it was balanced with me and her both in it. By myself, I had to use 75 pounds of ballast in the outside port sliding compartment to balance it. As you mentioned, I'd say with just you, it should be really close.

Congrats!!!

xb03fs

Your gonna love that 2+2. Allisons best kept
Secret. Really don't understand why more
Aren't sold

wasmeneh

No she actually likes the ride she just likes 30 better than 50+. In our saltwater skiff she would rather be at 10 and it tops out about 39

xb03fs

There are taller wind screens available from the factory that help hide the speed further. I currently run a tall one on her side and a short one on my side.....
doesn't seem to effect drivability as I have been over 90 with this setup..

Last edited:

Boots

Beautiful boat! I made the mistake of telling my wife stories about boat abruptly turning 90 degrees at top end speed. Needless to say, she doesn't allow me to go over 55 with her in it.