New XR2001 owner in Miami, FL

John timinsky

Hi Everyone,

Last year, after tiring of my 22' Donzi Classic, I purchased Pat M's boat, a 2001 XR2001 in Caribbean blue light. Over the summer, we (our two sons, Jordin and Chase) put together a 2.4 litre carbureted motor. When we purchased the boat and trailer, Pat wanted to keep his powerhead. The carbureted motor and boat package seems to be the perfect combination for an amateur driver like me learning to drive an ultra-high performance boat.

This is actually my second Allision. My first Allision was a SS2000 I purchased from Mike S. The SS2000 had a 280 Race Offshore (ROS) engine that was frankly too much for me to safely handle. I also had issues fouling spark plugs when idling thru "no wake" zones.

Our intention is to use the XR2001 on Northern Biscayne Bay, which is where we live. However, two weekends past, we attended the Southern Outlaw Dragboat Association (SODA) event at Lake Butler, Florida. We took my Allision and Jordin's 1977 16S Allision powered by a 1500XS. We had a BLAST! We met so many nice people and are making plans to attend SODA's next event in June. Now we are enjoying drag racing our boats and the attention given to our two beautiful Allision boats.

Wave to Wave

I love that setup, beautiful color too. I sold my GS when I moved to Miami but kind of regret it. It was my favorite boat. Are you running mostly the ICW between the bridges? Or the bay past the bridge

John timinsky

I love that setup, beautiful color too. I sold my GS when I moved to Miami but kind of regret it. It was my favorite boat. Are you running mostly the ICW between the bridges? Or the bay past the bridge
Hi Wave to Wave,
We are in the Northernmost part of Biscayne Bay (Miami Shores) and mostly run between the 79th Street bridge and the 123rd Street bridge; not in the ICW because of the boat wakes but more east, in the channel, along Miami Beach. We also like to stop at the sandbar by Baker's Haulover Inlet, early, before it gets too crazy in the afternoons.
J.

John timinsky

Thank-you!
When I first saw the boat for sale I thought "that is ugly"!
Then, I looked again and said "man, that is beautiful" and was lucky enough to buy the boat!
The color looks great on the water or on the trailer.
Caribbean Blue - Light.