NEW XR2002 if anyone wants one link

Dave Hensley

There was a flurry of activity earlier in the year with a group putting some orders together. Thinking it died on the vine.

BGohr

Hmmm, here we go again, why didn't it get posted here, and how many deposits have been collected?

xb03fs

There is one guy on the bassboat site saying he has his deposit together .....figured I'd bump the thread to help him spend his money

ally2dextreme

So far there's two,need to be at least three..I do think if it doesn't happen this time the molds will be crushed

xb03fs

Is the bbc guy two or would he be three??

scj

I don't know what number I would be but I'm down for one when someone pulls he trigger.......

XXXR2001

I don't know what number I would be but I'm down for one when someone pulls he trigger.......
If you want one, don't rely on your post here. Call Lee Sanderson, the dealer who made this post originally. If there were not enough orders before, yours could be the one that makes it happen!

BGohr

Molds crushed!!!!!!!!!!! Not again, the same story. If Darris wants to make money, and get someone to reach in their pocket, he should build one, park it on a trailer outside the front door, someone will buy it. These stories grow old, this is what, the fourth time there was going to be a group of them and it never happens. I hope they build them, it's a great boat, until then, mine is still $32.000.......

ally2dextreme

Molds crushed!!!!!!!!!!! Not again, the same story. If Darris wants to make money, and get someone to reach in their pocket, he should build one, park it on a trailer outside the front door, someone will buy it. These stories grow old, this is what, the fourth time there was going to be a group of them and it never happens. I hope they build them, it's a great boat, until then, mine is still $32.000.......
Yes I think I talked to you when I was doing this the first time,everybody wants them for $15,000 new but $20,000 for there used one go figure

xb03fs

I don't know. With their age, their rental property and the catfish restaurant, I don't know if he cares about making money. Boats it seems are his passion not his job he just doesn't want to go broke building them

ally2dextreme

He
I don't know. With their age, their rental property and the catfish restaurant, I don't know if he cares about making money. Boats it seems are his passion not his job he just doesn't want to go broke building them
The catfish restaurant is his dads..He doesn't won't to waste hours and hours to get the molds ready if no one is going to buy the boat,if the mold was at the plant ready to make a boat that would be one thing..Not to mention the splash well has to be redesigned, there's aLot more to it than most realize

Last edited:

FlatOutAlly

I think it's a liability concern... Sue happy country will make you go, " why do this? ". It's really sad that ultimate performance can keep boat builders from their appointed tasks.

ally2dextreme

I think it's a liability concern... Sue happy country will make you go, " why do this? ". It's really sad that ultimate performance can keep boat builders from their appointed tasks.
It has nothing to do with that,its really simple, it appears just a few want to buy the boat.I think the biggest issue is most think since the boat design is from the 80s it should be an 80s price,if he put out the same boat for the first time in 2016 I think he would have plenty of orders.

gmorgan

I don't know about elsewhere, but in Alabama product liability suits are a small percentage of what they were 10 or 15 years ago, very few and far between. Lawsuits in general are greatly reduced in number since the '90s and early 2000s.