Nice day on Wats Bar

Allyfishing

wow...waters up, eh? What's it like now Brian? temps climb up any more? how's the water level now? BTW, you find any weeds up there in the Clinch river?

rmills280

water has not been up all year looks like the net has fell in, levels have been right at normal pool all spring so lake should be in great shape for the rally unless we have a monsoon the next couple of weeks.

Jon

Supporting Member
We do have small patches of milfoil coming back though. It isn't too bad now, but TVA will need to spray/cut in the next year or so, otherwise we'll be back to the 80's Watts Bar when you couldn't use a trolling motor.

Water temp is high 70's right now. Full pool like Rodger said. It's perfect. Air temp may be a little high for max engine performance though! <--putting the excuses in now.

Jon

Supporting Member
God i wish we still had milfoil on Ky lake
Milfoil is one of the most invasive plants and fast spreading we have around here. It is worse than Kudzu when it comes to causing damage to the habitat. It looks cool at first as the larger fish will migrate to it, but as it gets thicker, it acts as a barrier to the shore. This prevents food from reaching small fish near the shoreline. It's an aquarium plant, not meant for lakes. I would say you could have some of ours, but I bet it's a pretty good fine for introducing it to a lake :)

Dave Hensley

Well....won't argue but I believe it provides cover for all the smaller species and fry of all species. Increases the 02 content in the water also. Clears the lake up by acting like a big screen. Tellico Lake produced Large Mouth bass that looked like Florida strain when the milfoil was thick and matted. Crappie were much more plentiful. Spraying not only destroys the milfoil the dead and rotting plants really screw up the ecosystem. TVA needs to at least be selective in their control methods. Mechanically harvesting would be the best. Spraying sucks.

Jon

Supporting Member
They have MOSTLY moved away from spraying and into mechanical harvesting now. I do like the air boats though :)

Allyfishing

We do have small patches of milfoil coming back though. It isn't too bad now, but TVA will need to spray/cut in the next year or so, otherwise we'll be back to the 80's Watts Bar when you couldn't use a trolling motor.

Water temp is high 70's right now. Full pool like Rodger said. It's perfect. Air temp may be a little high for max engine performance though! <--putting the excuses in now.

Where is there small patches of milfoil that is coming back??? Oh gosh don't let them spray; the worst thing they could do to a lake. Biologists learned their lesson back in the 80's or 90's when they sprayed the harris Chain of lakes. it was the dead sea for decades.