No CG Capacity Plate - XB21 Bassport Pro Elite, Progressive Insurance balking because boat has 225 HP

lmuschlerbass

I am at the low end of the HP range on XB21's out there. Is anyone else have issues with getting insurance?

Ally-Sun

Yes sir, it depends on your state as to how each company/agency will or will not cover you. I had my Grandsport through Geico, but they would only insure it for $17,000. Yeah...good luck finding a GS for $17,000! I tried State Farm because we have all of our policies through them. Here in Maryland and through my agent they wouldn't touch it. Yet there is a guy in Alabama that has a GS very comparable to mine. He is a State Farm agent and he said State Farm covered his with no issue at all. After trying a number of companies, I was finally able to get enough coverage through Farmers/Foremost. I HOPE this helps, good luck!

DOUBLE J

Don’t use Progressive. I know boat dealers who refuse to do insurance claims for Progressive due to not wanting to pay the dealers for agreed upon repairs.

2littletime

Progressive dropped me at the beginning of this year after 4 years of coverage. Due to boat being capable of speeds outside of their policy range.

lmuschlerbass

Thanks guys... I got a new capacity sticker from Bill at Allison with a stated 225 Max HP. Progressive still does not like it. From Double J's comment, I don't want Progressive anyway. Thank you for that advice. I may have to live with Safeco's almost doubling of the rates for now while I keep searching for a better alternative. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most appreciative.