Nose cone question

Ronnie

Who makes the best cone,Land and Sea,Hydromotive or Bob's? The bullet on my 115 Suzuki is alot flatter and shaped different than some of the Merc ones I see on here.They list them for Suzuki v-6,but none for in-line 4.Are the in-line 4 and v-6 the same case?
Thanks,Ronnie

brotherxb03

I don't know about Land&Sea now,but a few years back I ordered just a nose cone from them and it was mamouth. Ended up throwing it away after sitting in the shed for years. I have a Bob's,but it's the complete low water pickup and it's very streamline.

Ronnie

I called land&sea.They told me they were out of the nosecone business an other performance parts too.I'll check Bob and Hydromotive.I'm just looking for someting to make it go thru the water a little better.

Forkin' Crazy

I've heard that the cones will slow down some of the smaller motors. More surface area.... unless you need the bottom water pickup. I don't know what the water pick up holes look like, but I have seen some open up the lower holes and plug the uppers so the engine can be raised higher.

FYI L&S foundry burned. :cry:

Yellowallison

IN the old days I just made one with dinaglass and a dixie paper cup,works good till you hit a log. Cheap and easy to fix.

YEP!!! thatz the way we dun'm in the ole days...... dixie drinkin cup filled with Marine TEX and lil sandin! :p

Ronnie

What i'm really trying to do is put more of a point on the bullet. It's doing what GPI said,it's punching a hole in the water instead of cutting thru it.I'll try that Marine-Tex thats a good idea.I'll get some pics so ya'll can see what I have to work with.
Thanks,Ronnie

YA you have any pics of the Ally your fixing?

brotherxb03

Ronnie you really need to save your penny's till you can get a Bob's low water put on as you need to run close to even with the pad with the propshaft on a Allison hull.