nosecone height.

waterskipper

I have a cones 200 yamaha case going on a ss 2000 comp. My nose cone seems to be 3/16" above the propshaft. also what is the overall length of of a 200 conned case (merc). thanks Lee

Rusrog

I didn't put the cone on my current Yamaha case but I typically like to get them pretty low so as to pick up as much water as possible, as high as possible. Right now my gearcase is out getting some work done or I would take a look. I can find out next week.

Bill Kemp

all the yamaha cases that titius built for me to use on my xb2002 had the nose of the case about 3/16ths below the center of the shaft so it would get better water and hold the boat better
i don't know about the length of the merc case but if you are comparing to a yamaha i think the yamaha is a little longer but don't hold me to that my memory is not to good

waterskipper

ya thats what i was thinking.. Having mine above the propshaft might be less then ideal. its a 2.6 with mad efi and 14" mid.

Volatile

Having it higher helps the boat plane faster. For short track racing where you want the motor lower anyway, having the cone tipped up helps holeshot and gts plenty of water since the case is lower. For topend running, having it slightly lower lets you get more water and jack the motor higher. I like 1/4" high and I do some work to the inlets. Best of both worlds. Enjoy the SS, its a great boat. Also Dean Pink, Wizard Marine, has lots of experience with modding the Yamahauler. Might want to give him a ring. We have reeds in stock by the way. Same ones HydroTech has, but cheaper. :wink

waterskipper

cool thanks. This is my second ss had a excel now a white comp. The yamaha should be good its more the set up of the mad efi that im a little worried about. thanks for the gearcase help. Lee