Octane Booster Recommendations 2 Strokes

CarolinaBurt

Hi fellas, I'm looking for some octane booster to run on an old outboard with shaved heads. Can you recommend a brand to me?

Thanks, CB/Gordon

SLOmofo

Aces and only Aces. Not an octane boost but the effect and safely to run with heads done.
+2, don't have to use much, I use it as insurance. If you need higher octane = Race fuel.

99.9999999999999% of octane boosters are only alcohol and snake oil, snake oil is the expensive part.

Last edited:

CarolinaBurt

This is a very low hour 2.5L Promax 200SS that I bought new in 1999. I removed the heads right after I got it home and sent them to Jay Smith for blueprinting and increased compression. All gauges are different, but these come up to 180 PSI. It runs very well with a strong pull off the bottom. I like having the insurance.

Thanks again guys. Gordon

CarolinaBurt

Old, gray headed, and not nearly as fast as I used to be!

I'm doing well. I'm still restoring and collecting old motorcycles and the boat plays 2nd fiddle to them. I need to fish more, I think people who fish live longer because at least you forget about the pressures of work and life in general.

I'm glad to see some of you long timers on here. I'll be around - Best Regards, Gordon

ally2dextreme

Old, gray headed, and not nearly as fast as I used to be!

I'm doing well. I'm still restoring and collecting old motorcycles and the boat plays 2nd fiddle to them. I need to fish more, I think people who fish live longer because at least you forget about the pressures of work and life in general.

I'm glad to see some of you long timers on here. I'll be around - Best Regards, Gordon
Awesome,good to hear...Ive only been in the boat 3 times in the last 6 7 years.My Father past and I moved to SC to look after my sisters. I need to get it going ,im only 15 min from lake murry.I may try messing with e 85 ,that will give me something to do...