offshore trim?

jcon

Ive got a 2000 mercury 225 Promax offshore on my 2003 Allison & it has the seperate trim system mounted in the boat.My question is how do I hook up the trim gauge?I was told by someone that it could not be hooked up on the offshore trim & Ive also been told that it could but no one has told me how.

FlatOutAlly

Nope. Merc doesn't have one for that mid. Call Glenn Reynolds. I think he sells a setup that works and is accurate. Much better than the electric ones. reynoldsracingmarine.com

Bobalouie

If you have an offshore mid, there is no provision for an electric trim gage. If you want a trim gage, you will have to go with a stainless marine trim gage, or something similar.

cminaldi

I've got a 20" mid on a 95 Pro Max and I need the sensor that mounts on the mid, but I can't find a part number and I've looked on mercruiserparts.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Fishforcash

If you have an offshore mid, there is no provision for an electric trim gage. If you want a trim gage, you will have to go with a stainless marine trim gage, or something similar.
Once you have one you wont want anything else. Takes all the guesswork out.

h2oskiier30

Stainless Marine makes the best one that I know of. The are somewhere in the range of $3-400 or so for the entire setup last time I saw.

h2oskiier30

It appears that they are updating the website, which was very much needed. Probably be back to normal in a day or so.

Tom M

I got my trim gauge from Stainless Marine as well, nice people.
If I was setting up from scratch again I might consider this from Jay Smith Racing.
Seems to be a practical variation of a proven design and a bit less expensive.
http://www.jaysmithracing.com/