OH WOW! This years Masters.

RedAllison

If ever the un-interested were to watch a PGA major, THIS was the one to watch. For the most part, my opinion of golf is that it's a great way to spend the occasional day drinking beer with buddies, driving funny little cars and wearing rediculous clothes. BUT most years I make it a goal to watch Sundays final round of The Masters. The Augusta National course is without a doubt THE most beautiful "pasture pool" creation ever to recieve mans shaping hands upon. I likewise enjoy all the pomp and circumstance around this grand southern tradition.

However, as Roland Martin would say, "OH SON"!!! I don't remember a wetter Masters week as even this mornings final round qualifiers were out hacking in the early morning hours' dew, making up for not being able to finish yesterdays rain delayed rounds. So when the customary noonish Sunday tee time began, Tiger Woods and Chris DiMarco had distanced themselves above the rest of the field by nearly half a dozen strokes. (Pretty much an impossible gap to overcome at the PGA majors level.)

As the first couple of holes were played out The Masters seemed destined to become another "Tiger show" as he looked like he was about to leave the rest of the field in the dust like he did during his previous Masters victories. However by the 3rd or 4th hole, Tiger's great shots were cancelled by the occasional miffs that ironically would be answered in almost unison by DiMarco. If anyone saw Tigers putt on the 16th from the second cut of the green, WOW. A rainbow shaped 30'er that seemingly crossed the green uphill only to roll backdown and into the cup to save his lead... again WOW! Truly one of THE greatest putts in Masters (and PGA) history and perhaps Tiger's most amazing "clutch" putt of his career?

I simply like domination, I think thats why race fans liked Dale Earnhardt. Why Michael Jordan will forever be THE greatest in NBA history. It's why Joe Montana remains the single greatest quarterback that I believe will ever wear an NFL uniform. So likewise I was pulling for Tiger, another Masters would be quite a way to break his 2.5 year winless streak on the PGA. But by the turn I was equally pulling for DiMarco simply because of the performance he put on as he answered each of Tiger's shots on the way to victory. DiMarco opened ALOT of eyes today. To perform at that level, while at The Masters in addition to having to answer too Tiger being on his game... simply brilliant!!! :eek:

A blowout by multiple strokes would've just had us all thinking that Tiger was "back". But this one stroke, sudden playoff victory of golfs grandest tournament was truly remarkable. On the one hand were there only one of either Tiger or DiMarco in such a lead, the sole contestant would've "cruised easily by the pack" to take the victory. It simply would've been a one man show. But when it's truly a two man battle royale, I don't think the particular sport necessarily matters as much as the competition and the sportsmanship within the 1st and 2nd place contestants. The fact that the "arena" was as spectacular as Augusta is, well that's just a cherry atop the whipped cream that we ALL can appreciate and enjoy.

Damn I think CBS and The Golf Channel should pay me for that one! LMFAO :lol:
RA

KY_XB2003

How could Dimarco hit the green short and let it roll back down and then do exactly the same thing on the playoff hole?????????????