One Word.....AWESOME!!!!!

HooknUP

Hello all!,
I was looking at the Allison site (drooling of course :p ) after having my first opportunity to fish out of one in a recent tournament. We were on Sam Rayburn and were boat 47 out of 118. I was a cooangler teamed up with this gentlemen the night before. He made me try on a couple of helmets that night and I was kinda wonderin' why. Well when they called for our boat to head out, we idled past the director and to the safe start spot and ..well..to put it lightly...I am sure glad I had the helmet on. I own a 1999 skeeter with a 150 yammer on it. It is or should I say was okay for me, as I have seen the light and am a solid believer. I have been in several of the so called flagship boats from Triton, Ranger, Skeeter and the likes. I have never been in a boat that was soooooooo fast ans soooooooooo smooth as this boat was. I mean when we got outa site from the director, we could see several boats heading for Buck Bay and they were moving, or so I thought. This boat redifines the term "Haulin A$$". We caught them in mere moments and it looked like we passed them all and had a clear lake in front of us. After we stopped, I politely thanked him for the use of the helmet and had to ask just how fast we were goin. He said with a grin, "just fast enough to get here first". So I am now on the saving wagon and will be purchasing my first Allison this year. It was fairly rough on the way back, and I was in awe again how well the boat took the water, far better than anyboat I have rode in. When we got done with the weigh in and I assisted him in getting his boat out of the water. I asked him what the top speed of this little Lady was, and he said I honestly don't know, but the gps has read 92+ one day, but my butt started to eat a hole in the seat. I don't think we were goin that fast, but we deffinently ate that gambler for lunch and washed it down with a mix of Tritons and Skeeters. I am looking forward to the day I will have my own "ALLY"....

Peace and Fair Weather to All!!!

HooknUP :D

BigRedAlli

Welcom to the Allison Board HooknUP !!!!
Sounds like you are HOOKED.... :lol: Usely only takes one ride....
Marty...

RedAllison

lol welcome aboard hook. Yep you is "hooked" and the only known cure is having an A-boat in your garage! :wink:

Most people think we A-boaters are blowin smoke about our rigs... lol that is until they take their first ride such as you did, :twisted:
RA

HooknUP

I Think?

It was a XB 2003 or something like that, with a merc 225 with one of those real sharp props and a aftermarket lower unit. The boat was white and a light burgandy down the side and on the back. I like the way the console was in the middle of the boat the most, and having a windshield helped keep my head from being torn from my body. It was an awsome rig. It looked like it was doin 70 just sittin on the trailer...lol :twisted: . The Gentlemens name was Gary and he bought the boat in 2002(used) and said he will have no other than an ALLY!!

Peace and Fair Weather to ALL!!!

HooknUP

fishmesser

Hooknup Good hearing about your first ride no matter how many times you ride in an allison the first is always the best.
Tim

HooknUP

Yes, we did catch fish, I as a coangler ended up with 17.31 lbs and a $375 check, the pro I was with finished the day with 19.44 and got a $600 check, we were 1 of 8 boats that day where the pro and the co got checks, but being turned on to an Allison, was by far the highlight of the tournament for me. :D

Peace and Fair Weather to ALL!!!!

HooknUP... :wink:

M-Wiggy

Cool story dude,

Takes me back to the day I fell in love with Allison boats. Back in 1993, My best friend Chris Deweese done the hot rod thing, I never wanted a boat till he hooked me up with the gang. Woody Sandford took me to Douglas lake and for a ride !!!!!!!! Well...can ya say HOOKED !!!!!!!! within 3 months, I had my first ALLY !!!!! Had em ever since !!!!!; and still I enjoy a memory lane visit to them days !!!!!!

A few years ago, I discovered this site, and learned of the ALLY FAMILY. Really some good people here, also alot of boating intelect dude.

Good luck buying your first. If ya buy new, these guys can hook ya up with a reputable dealer. If ya buy used, right here is a great place to learn of most used Ally's for sale.

L8R. Matthew. :D

HooknUP

WOW,

I humbly appreciate the warm welcome from all you folks. I will have my skeeter sold in about 3 weeks. A friend and fishing partner of mine is currently over in Iraq and I talked to his wife and she gave him the message and he said hold it and I will by it when I return. So I am one giant leap towards having my first "ALLY". Man it is soooooooo hard to dream about anything else. I was wondering if this kinda behavior is something that is normal :twisted: or not :shock: .

Peace and Fair Weather to ALL!!!

HooknUP

2HOT4U

yeah I got hooked myself when I rode in my sons ally. he has an xb2002 w/2.5 merc. so I recently purchased my xb2003 w/ 225merc.It has a sportmaster lu w/1.87 gears. I recently ran 79 gps with full tourney load in a 3' chop on toledo bend. of course my partner was bragging all night at the weigh in. not on the fish we caught but the ally. luv her. (that ally)