Opinions or Suggestions

F2008

Okay guys, I'm looking for opinions and or suggestions on what to do or try next. My boat's an xb02 / OMC 150 with a Titus lower, 10" of setback (hydraulic) boat is set up and loaded to fish.

A couple of days ago I was out running a borrowed 27 Trophy +, water was way to flat for serious speed testing, but turning 56-5700 rpms I managed 77.05 on my GPS (Lowrance 522) I measured the prop shaft to be 1/2" below the pad and was running just a touch of positive trim.

I know if there's a little chop on the water I'll gain some but without lightening the load will it do low 80's? And if you think it will, what prop or changes to my set up.

I'm pretty impressed with the boat ..... and myself. Only took me 2 trips to learn what input is necessary to keep it up on the pad. At 77 it rode good and felt pretty comfortable, nothing scarey about it at all.

Thanks.

pickwickangler

I don't know anything bout the 150 omc. How many r's is it supposed to turn. I would think a 28 or 30 et would do the trick.

hack02

A conservative height would still be a quarter to an eigth below. Also, an over the hub prop like a plain old chopper would be a good alternative to try. Be safe.

hack02

After thinking a little further I forgot about the OMC being the powerplant. I'm not sure what fits what but Flat Outs suggestion is an excellent one. SRX's can be found on S&F very moderately priced at times. Great props.

F2008

I don't know anything bout the 150 omc. How many r's is it supposed to turn. I would think a 28 or 30 et would do the trick.
I'm trying to keep it to 6k. Recommended is 55.

Try a good 27 SRX. DAH, if you can find one.
Glad to hear that. I have a cherry 29 DAH SRX that I've been waiting to run until I can get on a lake .... or until the Hudson flushes all the floating debris.