Optimax ??

nickens21

If u know ur not going to run ur opti for a while, what do yall do?? As for as gas treatment.. Do any of yall run the gas out of the engine?? Hunting season is approaching quickly, and I have one last bass tourney this weekend and after that she is gunna get the cover..

Thanks.......

Lotus 50

I think storage is even more important with fuel injectors.

My drill: Fill the tank. Add stabilizer. Run the engine 10 minutes or so to get stabilizer into the carbs. Fog the engine until it stops. Pull the plugs, spray in fog. Change the lower unit oil. See you in spring.

silverfox

I have seen a couple of opti's with 1 or both fuel pumps stuck from sitting too long.I would do the fuel stabilizer plus key on a few times to let the pumps run a little to keep from sticking.Once a month should do the trick.

harrells

Before your last trip to the lake fill gas tank and add startron fuel stabilizer and run it while fishing. On the way home top off with fuel and add more stabilizer and store it. I uncover mine once a month ,put on the flush ears and crank it up. I do not fog mine because it is a DFI motor as not to clog up the injectors. I think the once a month crank up is better than letting it sit for months.

RedAllison

Since getting my Sport XS I've not let it sit over a month or so between uses. But my 225 ProMax SS usta sit 6 months at a time during hunting season and all I ever did with it was make sure the tank had fresh 93 super unleaded and synthetic oil. (That was before the rash of ethanol tho!)

With the Sport XS I run 1 oz of Marine Stabil (blue for ethanol) to 5gals of gas, Merc Prem Plus and 2ce a year I run a bottle of Mercs Quick Clean in it as well. 2 years old, 80 sumpin hours and I'm still on the same plugs she had in her when new. Haven't had an injector issue either (knock on wood) and that's including 87 octane ethanol crapgas.

I also have a 2005 Brude 150 Direct Injection (2nd generation Ficht if you will) on my deckboat and it DOES sit 4-6 months on end. It runs on 87 as well and I began running the Marine Stabil in it as well lastyear. Within the next week or two I'll go fill the tank with 93 octane, Stabil, Quick Kleen and then I'll make a couple mile run down the river and then she'll sit til next spring. Had this DFI since March 2006 and she's still on original plugs and runs like a top! I store this boat an hour from home so I can't crank it during the off season.

I agree tho prolly a good idea to cranker 1ce a month more for the pumps and injectors than anything else. :beer:
RA

nickens21

Thanks for the info guys.. The only thing I ever did to my ole 200 carb was fill the tank, add stabil, and run the gas out of the engine.. It would sit about 4 months at the most.. And when I was ready to take her out, I jst pumped the bulb and she would fire rite up... So thats why I was wondering what to do different on the dfi motor.. So i think I will add some stabil and start her once a month, I can handle that... Thanks again:big grin