Oregon----Bama?

aaronmt

My family are Washington Huskies fans first and foremost.We been rebuilding for a few years and had 4 out 5 are starting offensive line out for the year injured before the season started.The days of Tyrone Willingham ruind are program for 5 years....All that being said....I for one would love to see Alabama or whoever you boys say are the best back there this year play against the Oregon Ducks.Most teams can keep it somehat close in the first half,but the conditioning of Oregon wears everyone down in the second half.I dont think Oregons D-line will stop Bama's O-line in the first half but I know for a fact Bama's D-line will were down with Oregon's shere speed and no huddle in the 2nd.

h2oskiier30

Remind me what has happened the last two years that Oregon's high powered offense has met one very average sec defense and one good sec d.

patches

Skiier is right. There's a reason the SEC has 6 straight titles. The rest of the conferences are tickled to death nobody is undefeated in the SEC. They'll do there best to keep our conference out even though everybody knows that's where the best teams are. Not really sure Alabama is the best after the last two weeks. LSU is a good team if the coaches call the right plays

Trojanlarry

oregon will beat the "dog" out of any sec team this year. their team speed is hard to beat. the sec top to bottom is not what is has been.

h2oskiier30

oregon will beat the "dog" out of any sec team this year. their team speed is hard to beat. the sec top to bottom is not what is has been.
The SEC is down? I guess that's why there are 6 SEC teams in the top 9 of the BCS.

What has impressed you the most about the defense being played in the PAC12 this year? Oh that's right....they don't play defense in the PAC12.

We hear this same crap every year. Like I said previously...the 2010 Oregon team supposedly had "too much speed" for anyone too. Then, a mediocre (by SEC standards) Auburn defense pretty much shut them down for a total of 19 points after they had averaged about 50 all year on PAC12 teams.

Everybody's got a plan, until they get smacked in the mouth.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

Its just the haters out there that are sick and tired of SEC domination. Yes, I said it...DOMINATION over everyones else.
I live in Big 12 country and have lost 10 pounds just this week from all the big 12 babble with K-State slipping into 1st place. I have puked on numerous times LOL.

This is the tough thing when arguing Conference strength and match-up. The SEC has FACTS on its side. Everyone else has opinions and conjecture that "they" try to spout off as fact.

If you don;t like the SEC winning all the time...THEN BEAT THEM! Seems to me for the past half a decade or so, the only one that can beat the SEC, IS the SEC!

WPS!

h2oskiier30

I for one would love to see Alabama or whoever you boys say are the best back there this year play against the Oregon Ducks.Most teams can keep it somehat close in the first half,but the conditioning of Oregon wears everyone down in the second half.I dont think Oregons D-line will stop Bama's O-line in the first half but I know for a fact Bama's D-line will were down with Oregon's shere speed and no huddle in the 2nd.
Fail.

Fail

patches

Number 1 and 2 schitt the bed against unranked opponents. LOLLOLOLOL

Notre Dame will be the next to do it. They get to go to USC and face a team that just lost to UCLA. Figure next week USC will be looking for payback

h2oskiier30

I don't know, Erik. It looks like USC has mailed it in. It's not like their coach has a dang clue.

The SEC has shown the last couple of times they've played Oregon, and Stanford proved it last night....that if you can seal the edge against Oregon, they can be shut down easily.

Alabama/Notre Dame for the BCS title would be epic.

LakeAnna

Number 1 and 2 schitt the bed against unranked opponents. LOLLOLOLOL

Notre Dame will be the next to do it. They get to go to USC and face a team that just lost to UCLA. Figure next week USC will be looking for payback
Yep... Notre Dame will fall next

Darth VMAX

Better watch out, IF somehow USC (looks like they will be without Barkley) beats the Irish, we may have another all SEC NAtional Championship game. Bwaaaaahahahahahahah!!!

Probably very unlikely, I am sure the humane element of the BCS equation will somehow not tlet it happen.

The Big 12 is 2-6 whenever they are ranked #1 in the BCS in Nov.

h2oskiier30

Man, this thread died as quick as Oregon's BCSNC hopes, didn't it?

Here's a secret from your pals in the SEC for the west coast guys who think Oregon is unstoppable...it looks as if Stanford got the memo. It's 3 simple words....SEAL THE EDGE.

Seal the edge, and Chip Kelly's offense dies on the vine. Neutered. Oregon looks painfully slow when teams seal the edge on them.

aaronmt

Man, this thread died as quick as Oregon's BCSNC hopes, didn't it?

Here's a secret from your pals in the SEC for the west coast guys who think Oregon is unstoppable...it looks as if Stanford got the memo. It's 3 simple words....SEAL THE EDGE.

Seal the edge, and Chip Kelly's offense dies on the vine. Neutered. Oregon looks painfully slow when teams seal the edge on them.
I did not say I was a Oregon fan I said id like to see the game.My entire family are UW HUSKYS fans first and foremost.I love college football id watch it anytime over the pros,simply becouse theres hopes and dreams in every guy out there.I think the Oregon-Bama would be a great game simply becouse there so different in how they play.I for one dont want to see 3-3 score going inton the 4th on any game.I am only 2 1/2 hr away from the Ducks stadium but have never gone to a game.I do however goto Husky games.The Huskie stadium is being remodeled and is surely to be one of the nicest in the country when its done.Its sits rite on montlake cut/lake washington.If your ever out here for some reason and its football season its well worth checking out.Like I say Im a huge college football fan and enjoy a shootout as much as anyone....GO DAWGS

h2oskiier30

I don't believe I accused you of being an Oregon fan. I was simply addressing your statements below:

Most teams can keep it somehat close in the first half,but the conditioning of Oregon wears everyone down in the second half.I dont think Oregons D-line will stop Bama's O-line in the first half but I know for a fact Bama's D-line will were down with Oregon's shere speed and no huddle in the 2nd.
Bama's d-line is AT LEAST as good as Stanford's, and probably better. It simply comes down to utilizing the proper scheme to beat Kelly's Oregon offense, and it's been no secret in the SEC that the key is to seal the edge. Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina would all probably be pretty effective in shutting down Oregon's spread. Would those 5 teams beat Oregon every time they played them? Probably not...football is a funny game. I'm a big believer in the saying "there ain't a horse that can't be rode, and there ain't a cowboy that can't be throwed". But, they'd probably beat Oregon MOST of the time, and if any of those 5 were to play Oregon...my money would be on the SEC team every time.