posting photos

robert

Can anyone instruct me on how to post photos. Ironblock has been helping me but he currently has a glitch with his computer and is unable to post the photos I sent him.

I downloaded the photos onto my computer successfully but don't have the computer literacy to go further. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Robert

MWest77

Photobucket. Download photobucket and it will ask you to import your pictures. Choose the ones you want. Click on the picture you want to post on here then click info in the bottom corner. Four choices will pop up, select IMG and it will automatically copy the link. On the forum, select the photo option. It will start with http.... Clear that out, right click, then paste the link. Click preview post and make sure you have what you want. Then post. Sounds complicated but once you do a couple, it easy as pie.

robert

Thanks Mwest,

I am going fishing in Alaska on Friday but when I get back I will follow your instructions and see what happens. Thanks for the info.
Robert

SmallJaw

I don't use photobucket, not because it's not a good way to post pictures but because I've never used it for posting. My computer uses microsoft and so does most everybody elses, so, after I put or save a picture in my computer under photos, I right click on the photo I want to post and some files will open that tell you things about the picture. You will see the word "properties", left click on properties and you will be able to see what size file the photo takes up in either kb's or mb's. To post photo's most pictures need to be sort of small. I usually don't even try to post photo's with larger file sizes than about 250 kilobytes. Most people freak out when they have to resize a photo to make it small enough to be able to upload it. It is really easy to me to make a photo smaller by escaping out of the properties file, and getting back to where you just have the photo album photo you want to post looking at you. Right click it again and the computer will prompt you with some more files of which one will ask you what program you want to open the picture with. Click the "paint or microsoft paint" (can't remember which one it says!) Paint will open your photo up for editing or use. At the upper left hand corner of your photo that Paint opened, hit the "home" icon, then you will see another prompt that opens up in the same area of the screen that says "resize". Click resize and you will see a place besides the word Horizontal that has 100 beside it. Highlight the 100 and change it to, and I'm just giving an example, 40. Paint will change both the horizontal and vertical pixels to 40 % of what they were. It does this automatically if you just change what the horizontal number says. Save your way out and you will find that your picture is now a much smaller picture, but postable, and it is still in the photo section of your computer. You will have to play with learning the file size of your photo's before you make them smaller in order to know how much to downsize them for posting. Some really big picture files have to be resized down in the 20% range, while others that start out smaller may not need to be resized down much at all. I know I got long winded here, but in reality with very little practice you can do what I just typed up on a photo resize in about 30 seconds or less. Once you have the resizing downpat, on your post where you want to put the picture up, at the bottom of the post you will just click browse to find the "smaller photo" you resized, click on it (the photo) to open, and in no time you are posting pictures. Maybe Photobucket is easier than the way I do it. I can't say, but I can say the way I do it works for me! Good luck on your trip and have a ball.:very happy

njj502

The problem with making them smaller is then all us other guys can't see what ya got..... Photobucket is pretty easy..... and you get big pix!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Yeah guys this is a common question and problem with Vbulletin who makes the software that this site runs. You can't upload photos directly because it's a huge memory-sucker in the server. Also, Vbulletin will not support users with gmail, yahoo, or hotmail accounts as email because of their vulnerability to incoming access from spybots and malware. I get dozens/hundreds of complaints about this, but I can't change the Vbulletin firmware!

And what else...as an admin I have to tell you that despite countermeasures, bots, worms, viruses and malware have gotten into the "Moderate new users" section, so on a daily basis I get hundreds of illegitimate "New Users Awaiting Moderation" and I have no way of knowing (except if their screen name is sdfjhweugbvcyt or something) if they are legit or malware until I check them all line by line, user by user, to see if they are a fat man from Kentucky with a real Allison or a spybot from the Czech Republic. :cuss:cuss It's time-consuming, frustrating and takes hours to go through.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem with making them smaller is then all us other guys can't see what ya got..... Photobucket is pretty easy..... and you get big pix!

You got that right! :big grin If you want to post a picture please make it big enough to see the detail.

MWest77

I always post pics on my Iphone or iPad using photobucket. If there's an easier way, I don't know what it is. And the tiny pictures are a pain lol.

Allyfishing

Also, Vbulletin will not support users with gmail, yahoo, or hotmail accounts as email because of their vulnerability to incoming access from spybots and malware.
until I check them all line by line, user by user, to see if they are a fat man from Kentucky with a real Allison or a spybot from the Czech Republic. :cuss:cuss It's time-consuming, frustrating and takes hours to go through.
Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up for me Lou. I had someone at the rally ask me why they can't get on the owners board and I heard it had something (sometimes) to do with an improper email address.