Pro ET

Xst21

Yes sir i hope to get to run some this week but if the rain dont let up i will be test running in my pasture lol!

Xst21

What did it do that was disliked i still havent got a chance to run it ? Any suggestions of what to expect?

Tim Powell

It did not carry the bow at all, it was wet all the way to the keel guard at 95. Handling was off as well. I ran a 30 to 95 and a 32 to 96....I let out of the 32 @ 96 and pulling because it just wasn't stable.

The same day I ran a 32 Bullet Cut Performer 4 to 99.8 @ 5660. It was a super stiff prop but drove and handled like a dream. I'd like to get my hands on a 31.

Xst21

Thanks for the info tim hoping to run the 30 tommorrow and see if i have similar results will post what we come up with

Tim Powell

What are ya'll trying to accomplish with the over-hubs on a 21 that a thru-hub won't do?
I wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than the big wheels were available so I tried them. I don't turn down the chance to run a new prop.

My X-O/B fishes me solo at 98 @ 6200 and me and my partner at 96 @ 6150

GotMyAlly

I wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than the big wheels were available so I tried them. I don't turn down the chance to run a new prop.

My X-O/B fishes me solo at 98 @ 6200 and me and my partner at 96 @ 6150
I agree.....try all you can if they're on hand.

Those are good numbers. I was just curious if ya'll were looking for a big number prop, etc. None of the over-hubs I had left over from xb03 days ran well on my first 21. Some handled well running light and once over 70, but the holeshot and midrange lift left a lot to be desired. I think the big boat likes the full sized hub.

Mick

I agree.....try all you can if they're on hand.

Those are good numbers. I was just curious if ya'll were looking for a big number prop, etc. None of the over-hubs I had left over from xb03 days ran well on my first 21. Some handled well running light and once over 70, but the holeshot and midrange lift left a lot to be desired. I think the big boat likes the full sized hub.
What you got left from your 03 days?? brimg some for me to try at the rally ;) that is if I can her broke in by the end of it..

xb03fs

Tell Roy to start breaking it in for you now

Allyfishing

Here's where Neal and I differed on prop testing certain props. We both had 225 PM's only difference being he had a 225X and mine was a 1996 straight up ProMax with an SVS and a Brucato ACU. My liner or "can" as its called was removed and the stock tuner was replaced with a wizard tuner, kinda bell shaped. I could spin up any prop I bolted fast and had a great hole shot regardless. Over hub all the way to complete thru hub props all worked well.

I bought a new Pro ET in a 26P and it ran great on my XB21 2+2/225 PM. It hole shot excellent, midrange was good and top end I hit the limiter. Should have bought a 28. For whatever reason the Pro ET runs great with the 2.5 liter engines but not good reports on the 3 liters. I would love to try a 32 pro ET on mine now but I'm not spending the money to test.

GotMyAlly

I think the 225X's made a little more power on the top end (and sacrificed a little on the bottom end) compared to a regular 225PM. Even when I had that motor on my 2003, it would pull a bigger prop to the rev limiter and put up a bigger number on the top end than any PM, but most PM's would take me out of the hole. The X just seemed a little more long-legged than a regular PM, but once you stretched it out....you better hold on. LOL. I wonder if some of that may be attributed to the drag of the belt driven alternator on the X.

Mark Carte

Probationary User
There are so many variables to the prop selection and opinions. I ran a 30P Pro ET in my XB21/300xs/1.75. With the motor a couple clicks before square with the running pad the entire boat was in the air, totally dried out, bow up, 5700 RPMS 87 mph and climbing quick, heavy loaded, 90F...ran out of lake. I am sure it is a 95ish capable. Driving the Pro ET at speed was very easy. I don't think this is the optimum prop for my boat. It is just a bench mark in performance. It sure looks cool!