Promax Sport 225 rebuilds

whipper

James he has a 225 X Brucato does not make a ACU/PCU for this motor. The only person that I have seen that does these is Simon...Please stop the bad advice.
What ever maybe Tony will have the acu for the X by then? Yes Simon does flash and repair X motor ecu,s your right. forgot it was an X on there . The bottom line and{ just of it} was to leave it alone for the first year anyway. By saying "dont give bad advice" your picking a fight with me and I dont apresiate it when all im trying to do is help!!

So Robert the X motors like yours are great motors just dont have the aftermarket soup ups as available as the PM motors do is all. Tony hasnt made a acu for your motor YET. As Mentioned by XSive Simon Motor Sports can up your rev limitter though. Basicly the same thing as the Brucato acu acompishes just doesnt have the adjustment capabilities that the Brucato unit has. Also with the O ring style heads on the X motors Im not sure if anyone is shaving them yet? The O ring type heads is another story. Because I havent worked on any other motor than my own type with gasket heads Not to sure how you would accomplish more compresstion with the X motor. Again you really wont need to worry about that with your motor anyway. That 28 from Todd will be a great all round prop with your combo. I love the 28 pitch props on mine. 27 and 28,s are great pitchs on a GS with a 225!!
I would learn with the 28 over the 24. The 24 is bit snappy for learning with in my opinion. The 28 will help you to get used to higher speeds better. The 24 will be a 77-79mph prop with great acceleration. The 28 can get you saftley in the 80 range with out over trimming.

ROBERT CROSS

:gasp Snappy is an understatement Jim....
I let the PO nail it, I crept up 500r's at a time. It's been 20yrs since our last OB, this boat is a whole new ball game.

whipper

:gasp Snappy is an understatement Jim....
I let the PO nail it, I crept up 500r's at a time. It's been 20yrs since our last OB, this boat is a whole new ball game.
:big grin
Thats what I mean. You realy have to be on the trim in a hurry with a 24!! The part you should be concentrating on is the 65 and up speeds. The 24 will get you there but the 28 will have a more docile effect and beter for learning how to balance the hull above the 65mph spot were the hull will run up onto the pad with just trim. At 65 is were you need to start from to learn the balancing act. Youll have lower rpm with the 28 at that speed and makes the whole prosses less nerve racking probably. The 24 is like hyperspace everything happens so fast, thats a good thing in some ways.
Once you can master the balance of your GS over 75 then you can let the 24 eat to the limitter any time you want with ease. To get feel the 28 4 blade is hard to beat. Just run her up to 65 hold er there for a sec then just bump up the trim a couple of times. Youll be at 75 just by useing trim. If you cant hold her level and you start chine walking to bad just back off the throatle and trim to 55 or 60 and then try again and again. If you practice this for a few hours a day it wont take long to learn the balance act. Just be paitant it will come. Might take 5 or 10 times out but it will one day. Youll feel yourseft getting close. Then one day youll have it and wonder what all the fuss was about!! LOL From that day on youll be hunting the calm water all the time looking to open her up. Later James

msharp

What ever maybe Tony will have the acu for the X by then? Yes Simon does flash and repair X motor ecu,s your right. forgot it was an X on there . The bottom line and{ just of it} was to leave it alone for the first year anyway. By saying "dont give bad advice" your picking a fight with me and I dont apresiate it when all im trying to do is help!!
I wish I knew what some thought they know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE is more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msharp

I wish I was an outboard GOD as some THINK they are !!!!!!!!!!!! There is alot more than punching KEYS on the keyboard to mechanics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO !!!!!!!!!

msharp

I guess i need to learn more about selling instead of building !!!!!!!!! ??????????? how about that ??????????????

Last edited:

whipper

Xsive was right just had a BLUNT ending.:confused :big grin I edited my post to be correct Xsive. That X gets me every time. Soon as I see PM I forget about the Gaskets and the ECU differances with that motor. Ive done my comunity work can I get out of jail now?!!:gasp

Last edited:

whipper

Its all good Robert. Bill {Xsive} was right. The last thing you or anyone else needs is wrong info. I eddited my post to reflect your motor. You dont want go thinking you could have done some of the things I put down only to have someone else say when your ready,no you cant!!:big grin Thats what were hear for to help each other out as we were with our first Allisons. Going skiing for the rest of the day.
Have a great day all. Even you Bill.:big grin

msharp

The motor that started this thread is already in capable hands !!!!!!!!!!! He picked a good one to get it done, I might say !!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaronmt

Robert,I just sold my 225x and will say it was the best running motor Ive had.There are things you can do to it,just need to know where to go and what to do.I pulled my exhaust can as well as drilled the mid like a 260.I then had Simon do the Ecu (7500 limiter) as well as the flywheel.I had planned on doing the heads and found a guy to cut them.It was a 126psi on every hole I just wanted to go up to 136-140.However I sold the boat as well as the motor.My Gs was always on the limiter when it was at 6800,then ironicaly it was on the limiter at 7500.The X has no issues spinning that high,id recommend it to anyone.Aaron

ROBERT CROSS

Thanks Aaron,
I guess I might have been taking to literally some of the rap being put out over on S&F. More than one builder stating flatly that is just a matter of time before I have a grenade on my hands. That was in direct contrast to all the research I did on the X before purchasing the GS.

Y'all have 'ta realize you got newbie here whose been away from the fast float scene for quite awhile, my first priority being, learn as much I can and just get comfortable with the GS and the X Mota.

Lesson learned.....Stay here.... after all it's all Ally, don't get no better'n that.:very happy

Bob

Wicky

Does this work on Lazer motors also? I guess it would do ya know for sure? I got the go to from the boss for a SVS to compement the ACU. But if Rucks mod does the same thing?
Air is a big thing.Hudge accually. A guy on S&F thats a known super fast guy in the 130,s noticed I had a Bobs after market cowl on my 97 PM. He told me they restrict the air flow over 50% from the merc cowl! He told me that if I opened up the cowl with some and more bigger holes that would help. I did as I was told and all I can say is what a differance in snap and top end. The motor brings up the rpm faster very notacably over the stock hole configeration with the bObS cowl. Mercs accualy redirect the air flow to the front of the motor stock. The aftermarkets are just a box. Thats all the motor had since I got it so never new anything differant. Im planning on opening up the cowl a little bit more. I had to richen up the acu after I did this thats how much differance it made.
Mercury spends millions on R&D from the lower unit up to the flywheel. I don't think any aftermarket company spends anything even close to that. Just a thought.

Foxy

Hotprop has my engine rebuilt. He also installed hyd steering. I`ll be traveling to pick it up in the next day or two. THX for all the posts to my thread. You guys are a class act. Foxy