Prop Seal Ring

jdm90

How many run the prop seal ring with a Trophy prop?? I was told this would help with the slip on take off. I've already been through all the various plugs, and the large seem to work best loaded, but it slips on take off pretty bad. Go smaller and it boggs down too bad. Any suggestions.
Was told it's also a must when running a Trophy in/around vegetation lakes like Guntersville?
Are there other things to consider before putting it on?

Thanks

Jay Martin

How many run the prop seal ring with a Trophy prop?? I was told this would help with the slip on take off. I've already been through all the various plugs, and the large seem to work best loaded, but it slips on take off pretty bad. Go smaller and it boggs down too bad. Any suggestions.
Was told it's also a must when running a Trophy in/around vegetation lakes like Guntersville?
Are there other things to consider before putting it on?

Thanks
If you think the holeshot is slow with the smaller plugs then you would never get on pad with a ring. Only option you have from this point would be to have the prop tuned for a better holeshot (lower the pitch on the leading edge) or a good Balance and Blueprint will also improve the holeshot along with better midrange end topend.