prop slip

DOUBLE J

I have a 96 Grand Sport with a stock 2000 200 xri on it that I have just restored.The motor has about 50 hours since a rebuild. I ran it Sunday for the first time. I put 6o#'s in the side passenger gunnel and let her rip. I ran 87.5 @ 6500 on gps.The gauges are brand new Livorsi ones. That calculates to a little over 5% slip, is that about right? The prop I am running is a brand new out the box labbed 28 lightning et.

ziemer

I have a 96 Grand Sport with a stock 2000 200 xri on it that I have just restored.The motor has about 50 hours since a rebuild. I ran it Sunday for the first time. I put 6o#'s in the side passenger gunnel and let her rip. I ran 87.5 @ 6500 on gps.The gauges are brand new Livorsi ones. That calculates to a little over 5% slip, is that about right? The prop I am running is a brand new out the box labbed 28 lightning et.
It's close....could be just a good 28. :beer:

Mine runs in the 7-8% range.

You should be able to break 90 with that setup too. ;) Where is the motor height?

DOUBLE J

I started about 1/4" to 1/2" below pad and it ran 86 so I went up about 1/2"(should be about even with pad now) and it ran 87.5. At the first setting the boat rode level and when I raised it up it started leaning to the passenger side. I think I can take probably 10#'s out of the gunnell.

whipper

I started about 1/4" to 1/2" below pad and it ran 86 so I went up about 1/2"(should be about even with pad now) and it ran 87.5. At the first setting the boat rode level and when I raised it up it started leaning to the passenger side. I think I can take probably 10#'s out of the gunnell.
Yes and no? :big grin Cound have been to high also with a tad to much trim that lean? If at 85 she isnt leaning at a lower hight try that lower hight with a bump more trim instead? Hard to say just be carfull once your at those speeds and up especially. Sound like you have a great set up for sure though!!
Try putting that extra 10 lbs in the center seat compartment. That way if feel you still needed it you can just shift it back over once you test differant hights. Some times also it takes a bump more to get rid of that lean? Its all how your nads are feeling on that day.:big grin Take it slow and wear your gear and dont try good till that last bump with a passanger. With Passangers stay in the safe zone. Two bunps from the top. Sounds like your having fun with your GS!!

ziemer

Engine height sounds good...maybe up a touch but it depends on your setback. As Whip said the lean could be the weight but it also might need a another bump of trim. The ET's are great props so that should be good for ya. ;)