Prop testin

R

Redding XB21

I have held off as long as I can. In the 21' class, we had 1 sandbagger((no tackle,low fuel,prop change after we broke up for the night), 1 sneaky guy with a full fishing load, and 2 that ran their normal boats.
The sandbagger won, sneaky #2, Normal loads 3 & 4.
Thanks Donny for letting me use your prop to spank you. Not by much, but I gotcha:shock:
We all sure had a great time and Brian,one good running 150, at least it was.
For a bunch of crazies it sure went smoothly.
Thanks Bill for all your work.
Gary, I hope the trip home was OK for you it sure was good to see you and Chris. I had been missing your abuse. I'm OK for now and when I run low, I'll call you or not.

Like Donny says Love you guys. Why does he always sleep with Mike? Just a thought.

Gene

P.S. Believe it or not, they would like to have us back. Fish in pool and all.

DONNY

Hey gene. maybe next year you and I can room together. As far as for the boat drag ther is always next year. dam rigers.

love always
donny king of trolling motor

J

John Richied

Evidently Pankus you are misinformed! :big grin There are three persons that are to blame for how that boat runs....besides Darris....One is Hotprop, the other is a known Outlaw, and the third is the nut behind the wheel (who deserves the least amount of the blame).
Lou I was ribbing Hotprop

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
We all sure had a great time and Brian,one good running 150, at least it was.
She still is!!! It was either stator or switchboxes...I changed switchboxes, didn't sound very good in driveway, changed stator, still didn't sound very good in driveway. Threw it behind the car and took it to lake for a quick test drive and once it cleared out she was all there! Good to go!

Brian

J

John Richied

Yes I did, it sure FEELS that way out of the hole with a lower-pitched prop...BUT it doesn't have the midrange accelleration of the XR! The XR weighs 596 (so I have been told) and the XB comes in at 831. Both motors are the same.

I guess 235ish lbs makes that much difference if everything is accurate as far as weights… ?

Or you set-up needs work? Sorry Brian and Hotprop... you be FIRED :LMAO:

I don’t know but when you and Kevin lined up I was at the finish line expecting a close race… You got SMOKED badly (heck I felt bad for ya for having a Merc 300 drag) and I know you said you thought you were within three boat lengths of Kevin, but when the film comes out I think you will agree it was much, much more:gasp

Hence the reason you guys did not even run a second time.

Brian, good deal your rig is good to go! Nice runner for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronmt

I was glad to get to run even if my runs were in rich mode and chuggin bad.I went ahead and orderd the new popit valve, head temp sensor and thermostats.I personaly know my times would have been better if it wasnt in rich mode,with the sensors unplugged.Not saying I would been running with Lou or kevin by now means!The sound of those 2 boats leaving the line is incredible.I just would of liked to have known it was right when I was runnin.But oh well,Ill get her dialed in and be lookin to run again. Aaron

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
:LMAO: Pinkie there is nothing wrong with my setup. If your boat had not been "STUCK IN TRAFFIC" for the entire rally :LMAO: ...well, we both know what the outcome would have been. As you might say, hehehe. :wink

Insofar as getting SMOKED by Kevin, I couldn't ask for a nicer guy to have laid the smack down. That Jaguar has several hundred pounds on my XB (the Mirage is lighter than my XR as it is fitted), a modified drag motor, so I don't see why you're making such a big deal of that "loss". It's like running an XB21 against an 03.

News flash; I NEVER expected the 02 to be competitive with Kevin's Mirage because I have raced against him in my XR. So you can say whatever you want. Wasn't it you that said "If you're SCARED, stay on the trailer!" ?

Last edited:

ALLISONMAN

yeah pinkster was in the castro distric!!!!! he got rear-ended and got stuck in traffic "kinda like a dog in heat" but after some water got put on him he got free!!!!:LMAO::LMAO:

R

Redding XB21

Poor old pinkster, with just about everyone's help, tried to get his little wed wocket running right. I know that he would have been out there running no matter what , if it was running 1/2 way right. As it was, we had an excellent timer.
As we know, he always brings the stirring spoon.:beer: