Prop

Lotus 50

My Trophy just planes when I have a prop seal ring on it. My Hydromotive planes well with a light load but struggles with 4 in the boat. Todd asked me if I cared how it planed with a load, and I said it didn't matter. As it turns out, even with 4 onboard, and a 29" prop, once planed it accelerates enough to thrill most passengers.

mtolley

My every weekend prop with the family is my old 26 big eared chopper. Drives good, accelerates hard and just works. Ive ran et's, mazcos, hoss's etc, . My 30 mazco re3 is my fastest

peteylen

Just got a 30 re3 worked a little going to try it on the SS it might be too much bow lift if so I'll be selling or swap

tony Atwell

After going back over my post and doing a comparison. Looks like every body runs a different prop witch I think is pretty cool. But hydromotives and tropehey seem to be pretty popular with Allison guy's. But with the wright set up pretty much any 26 or 28 will work.

peteylen

Well ran the RE3 yesterday got my best speed yet with it 101mph and ran out of lake was gaining when I had to shut it down, ran good, strong acceleration everywhere its a 30p, not flighty

tony Atwell

Ran the 26 mazco 4 I picked up and prop ran good. But seem like I got more RPM then I did top end speed. Witch I knew the Rs would go up but was hopeing for a little more speed out of it. Acceleration was awsome just seem to level out. Where the 28mazco seems to keep pulling. All and all a great day on the river.

tony Atwell

That the spare 28 you mentioned earlier. Congrats on the performance. Am going to put my 28 drag 3 back on and run it this weekend. Have a feeling it will stay on for a while. The 26 maz 4 is a pretty good running wheel also.

bec

Yes , I had my doubts about it the way it looked but I had some good advise " Whipper " has one and turned me on to it ! It just Drives so good , not fighting the wheel like with the other props , at 93 it surprisingly easier than at 75 . It looks like an ET / yami ! Ordered it with extra cup in the tips for a GS load .
Very interesting .i have always loved 28 et straight out of the box .28 et before the one I have now was doing some cruising on the lake slowed down for some good size Wakes off a boat stepped back in the throttle and broke an ear off.from that day been on a hunt for a prop that would be a little thicker and stronger than the et and have the same characteristics of the et.got a brand new chopper 2 got an itch to get cut for a 2003 with a 280.who worked your drag3?

tony Atwell

Well I bit the bullet and got me one of them 30pitch mazco 3 blades. Was pretty surprised how much more wheel there was on it compared to my 28.

Oh yeah do shiney props run better than dull ones. :D20160120_202952.jpg

bassracr

I like running my Hoss 27,28,29,30 and my Britts 28,and my 25 and 27 trophy ,and my 26 and 28 jc's et cut and my Hydromotive 25 four blade and todds 26 knob cut .i must be getting old timers because I think I'm forgetting about 10 others ? The old knob job might be the favored one. Dang,I might need to have a garage sale

tony Atwell

Ya know I was just wandering about weather or not I had to many props.

Apparently I have a ways to go befor I have to worrie about that.

Thanks bassracr

GotMyAlly

Think I was up to 5 or 6 at one time. Only got 2 now. 27" X-OB and 28" X-OB. That covers 99% of all situations.