Prosport Front Noose Paint or Re-Gell?

ally2dextreme

i would check with the plant first,i know how paticular you are....we have used dupont imron with great results as well...good luck!

froggy

David,

Try to wet sand it first. 1200 grit then 2000 grit then compound then polish then wax. It's a small area and the results should be great.

froggy

DaveW

I've seen some good results with the latest generation black vynal top end signwriters use. Unless you're really close you couldn't pick it for a glorified sticker :very happy

FLYING BUTCHER

Take it to a decal shop "wrap" they can do it very easily and you can have it done in "metalflake" I had it done to the new boat and it came out great my 2 cents

SLOmofo

I agree with Froggy, I'd go through the sand buff process first. Mine 1995 XB2003 has the black front of consoul also. It was looking very oxidized when I bought it. I brought it back with 3M Super duty rubbing compound and then 3M Finess-it. I just got through doing it again and sealed it with Klasse and waxed it with Collinite's No.845.
The fact that it's black and on top of the boat is why your going to have to keep after it; keeping it clean, sealed and WAXED with UV inhibiting products.

Get a real buffer and the correct pads for each product and it will pay.
Body shop supplier.
Except for the scratches(it's a fishing boat) I think it looks great.

xb2003

Give the wet sand a try. I did mine with 1000, 1500, 2000, compound, and then waxed. It had a few cloudy spots before but it is inky black with a mirror finish now.

whipper

Ill try this also. Mine did the same thing on the GSE in a spot. Tryed just wax and it works OK but these sugestions are great. David let us know how it turns out.