ProSport Gas Tank Removal/Install ?

Myron

you should be able to get to it thru the back compartment, I have changed my fuel fill and vent and did not have a problem

catfish123

David, did you have a problem with the bottom of your boat, or are you just looking for another mile per hour or two on the top end?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Sorry I can't be of more help, David. I did the job on the Grandsport (replaced the tank) and getting the old one out took two of us and Steffan was gruntin "free willy" because of its distorted shape as we muscled it out. All I recall about putting the new one in, is several nights of frustration and lots of cuts and scrapes.

Blue Gray in PA

Yours looked great when it was polished during the Rally David - can only imagine it will look top-notch when the rest is done and the trailer to match. I have to get mine back to the plant for a minor scratch repair in the red gelcoat - may do it myself if I can find the time. Let me know if you get any good tips on the hose clamps - maybe find a person with very small hands and see if they can reach in there - I agree it's tight on mine.

hack02

I recently pulled the stock tank out of my 2002. Boy was it tight. I ended up tying a choker knot in a small piece of rope and putting it around the filler nexk after I slid the tank forward to the opening. I hooked the rope to a come a long and kept lifting pressure on the tank while I went from side to side with a small pry bar. Once I got it about half way out it slid right on up. I was surprised to find the stock tank had a built in sump. I had to remove the bilge pump tp get it to slide forward.