Question about A Trophy

I have tried a 26 Trophy really wasn't impressed, But I have heard that a worked Trophy is a lot better. Can Y'all tell me about how they run, and if you like them. My setup is a XB2003 with 225 promax, I have ran quite a few different prop's and really like a three blade 28 chopper style for speed and everyday but would appreciate any information.

chad202

Not on my Ally but my Blazer, I ran a 26 trophy that if I added all the money I had tied into it would come out to aroune 1100.00. It was ok at best. Ran over the hubs for a while. Ran stock 27 trophys and didn't like them. Then found a 25 trophy balance and blueprinted by Rich Boger and this thing ripped holeshots, awesome midrange, and had great topend cause I had a raised limiter on my promax. I screwed up and let it go when I traded for my Ally. Rich always told me he really liked the 25 over the 26. I just received another 25 balance and blueprinted by Rich I will try Tuesday on my XB2003/260. I'm thinking it should make a pretty quick fishing wheel with lots of lift. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks Chad I

have a 25 tempest that I have used about 1 time Iwould trade it and kick some boot for a worked trophy seems like a lot of people run em on Allison's I don't know what it is whether they like the load carrying or holeshot but there must be something to it let me know how you like your prop when you run it Thanks!

J

John Richied

I would stay with three or four blade over the hub exhaust props such as a Choppers and ET’s. They are designed to run as surfacing props.

If you want a 26 pitch to add some punch, then a 26 Chopper II would be my choice and raise your rev limiter as Chad did on the Blazer.

Having your heads shaved is an inexpensive way to add punch too.

Thank's for the info John and Chad I'm still learning on my boat I have owned a 76 xst Allison for years and bought my XB03 a little over a year ago. I love it just need more seat time, my propshaft is 3/4'' below the pad and I'm thinking about raising it to 1/2" below. There is usually another person in the boat with me what do you think. I'm running in the 80's now it has 13 !/2" setback. Think raising motor will help me. Thanks!

chad202

Raising the motor will make it handle better with less chine walk. I'm set at 1/4" above the pad. Most seem to be around 1/4" to even. A four blade will make it drive easier as well. I'm waiting on a 26 DragIV to try also. The blueprinted 25 trophy on my blazer carried a load great with propshaft set at 1 1/2" above so it should carry this Ally.