question about pad

Bill Kemp

i have been reading some old threads about the pads on allison boat . does a 1990 xb02 supposed to have a lip on the pad and if the pad has been worked and the lip is gone how will this affect the boat and setup of the boat( engine height and set back and the amount of trim to lift the bow) thanks

A

AllisonNewb97

I'm not sure about the 90 model, but I've got a 97 model w/ a yammerhammer and just recently had a 'gorilla hull' put on it after landing on a stump in some pretty ruff stuff. Didn't split the hull but did peel some gelcoat off. (If I was in my old Blazer it would be sitting on da bottom wit da stump through it) Mine did have a small lip on the end of the pad and after the gorilla hull I don't have one anymore. The difference I've found is in the low to mid range RPMs. I have to keep the engine tucked in below 4000 or she will porpise...OR I have to nearly have it trimmed out to keep it from porpising at same RPMs. As far as for top speed I don't see much difference, but I'm only running 82 w/ full load. Hope this helps.

froggy

Your pad should have a small lip. .060" at the edges and .045" at the center. If your lip is gone, you may get excessive bow lift at speds above 110mph. You may also experience some slow and mid-speed porpoising if you are overtrimmed. This shouldn't be a big problem.

froggy

Scott in MN

Did the lip change on the xb02 over the years? I am in the process of making repairs on my '94 and the lip is highest in the center and tapers to nothing at the outer edges. It doesn't appear as though it has been modified unless they were able to regelcoat without leaving a repair edge....Scott