Ran the 225X

Kruton

The motor idled fine, but if you've ever owned an optimax, you know what I'm talking about, they are SMOOTH idling.
Joe, I know the X will not idle as smooth as the Opti. I had my Injectors flowed and cleaned on my 93 225x by Brucato last year. Made a big difference on Idle etc.. Linda called me when she got them and they were in bad need of cleaning. She also said the screens on the injectors are smaller and catch more stuff than other injector screens.

kornvb

Had the same prop done by billy think its a bullet cut. Ran the same setup looks to be about the same load, it would run 89.8. Also on the limiter.

h2oskiier30

Bullet cuts still have all the blade surface area on the leading edge...just the trailing edge is cut. That prop has had material taken from both edges. Bullet cut vs. ET...

Bullet cut...

ET...

Last edited:

catfish123

Which prop are you referring to that has had material taken from both edges, the one Joe has?

JOEALLY

Paul,

According to your pictures, my prop looks like it has the bullet cut on the trailing edge & ET cut on the bottom of the leading edge.

h2oskiier30

Which prop are you referring to that has had material taken from both edges, the one Joe has?
Sho' nuff. Tips are more pointed rather than "rounded" like on the bullet cut. I've had the advantage of seeing other pics of Joe's prop, though.

DragAlly02

Is the RL cut quite a bit different cause my RL did not look like that I guess my question is is their two different Et cuts he does?

Mike

h2oskiier30

Chad...from the other thread...are you now thinking that the RL might not be best for the XB02?

chad202

Paul, don't know yet. So far, yes but it's all I've ran. It was the best on my 03 so that alone would lead me to believe it shouldn't be the best for a comp 02. I need to get my hands on a hoss triton. My buddy has on that is fast. He has a 02 also and it was 8-10mph faster than my rl on his boat. BUT, my rl on my boat is 8-10mph faster than it was on his boat. Both 260s with some compression.