Restoring my 1996 xb2002 comp hull

curry10

I been letting it go for some time. I was wondering the best process in getting the gel coat back to a non embarrassing state. I'm ashamed I let it go this far. What's carpet running at these days? Thinking of some sort of spray in liner? Suggestions? Looks much better in the pic than real life. Has that chalky appearance .

bassracr

The closest thing you will find to a one step process without wet sanding is get a wool pad for your buffer and buy a quart of 3M imperial finishing compound . Has some good cut initially and will diminish to a fine polishing compound . It works and is will give you excellent results on boats like you have described

LakeAnna

The closest thing you will find to a one step process without wet sanding is get a wool pad for your buffer and buy a quart of 3M imperial finishing compound . Has some good cut initially and will diminish to a fine polishing compound . It works and is will give you excellent results on boats like you have described
X2 on that! I did my 91 GS over the winter last year with the compound and followed it with the polish and a few coats of wax and it came out super. Your lucky cause the white is easy to work with. A high speed buffer with a good wool pad is your friend.

racerx

Curry now that's getting it done looks super before you wax it put new pinstripes back on so there wont be a witness mark from the old stripe great job..

curry10

What process did you go with?
I friend of mine took the challenge...wet sand then meguiars. Although it looked horrible to me he said it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Best 250 bucks I invested in this thing in 14 years. Now for new rug and decals. Think I like the ghost stripes in the hull. No pinstripes for a while. I'll try and see if I can get a shot where they are visible...

F2008

Looking good! Not much breathes new life into an XB2002 restoration more than new carpets. they're a piece of cake to install. Good prep is the key to a good result.