Riggin the A-Bote (long)

Westy

I'm almost done rigging the A-Bote!

So far I have installed a MG Tour edition 82# troller in a Comfortrol pan along with a Ram mounted Lowrance HDS5 with an auxiliary cut-off switch. I installed a marine horn and a matching custom switch panel for the switches that operate the horn and the LED lighting. Put some matching rubber pads in areas that will make it safe to strap down passenger rods. I also installed a 12v auxiliary outlet for my spotlight. Installed a Lowrance HDS5 in the console and have it networked to the unit at the troller but need the power node for the network. The wife said the boat needed a new windshield, so who am I to argue (I wouldn't win anyway) so I had Bill send me one of them as well.

Installed the new Otima's (1) D31 and (1) D34M along with the Pro Pak onboard charger. Cut another hole
and installed the rod buckle in the gunwale also put some red LED lighting in the cockpit area.

I just have the rub rail lighting to do. I ordered a new rub rail insert from Bill and I'm in the process of making a jig to drill the holes in the rub rail for all the LED's. (4) sections of 96 LED's per section lots of holes...

Here are a couple pics of the progress:

Westy

Last edited:

strip

sounds cool, but the pictures no worky on my machine I would like to see them so either link or email them to me. please

Westy

Thanks Everyone!

I can't wait to get the rub rail lights in. They should be awesome. Then all I have to do is learn how to drive this beast. LOL

Strip: I'll try and email them to you. I don't know why you can't see them though.

Westy