Rigging Hose Bezels

RoseXB03

The old plastic/rubber bezels where my rigging hose enters the boat need some help. What are you guys using on 03s? I am not having any luck with finding Dana Marine stuff?

Thanks

allimax

This is a great question and one I am interested in. I thought it looked to me like Dana had an aluminum bezel for the boat side that it looked like the 2" vacuum hose would thread into. I would be nice if then the holes would line up for attaching to the fiberglass but that never seems to be the case. The motor side is an issue too, the hose clamps trying to hold the hose from pulling out the hole is a joke. Better idea's out there?

RoseXB03

I am not real good with the internet but I havent been able to find anything that catches my eye.

LakeAnna

Dana marine was shut down a while back. Steve you could try here:
http://www.hardin-marine.com/

You could look on the Lavorsi site and check out there vendor list, you may find something there too... If you know somebody local in a machine shop have them cut what you want.

Last edited:

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have to go look, but it seems like mine are just cup holders with holes crudely cut in the bottom in the holes back there. I'll try to get a pic later.

xb2003

I got mine from Eddie Marine. You'll need to do a little trimming on the holes to get them to slide in. Nothing major...I just used a dremel.

allimax

I got mine from Eddie Marine. You'll need to do a little trimming on the holes to get them to slide in. Nothing major...I just used a dremel.
I assume this is the rigging kit from Eddie's Marine you guys are referring to.
http://eddiemarine.com/shop/outboard-products/steering-hose-kit-1/outboard-hose-kit
Nice looking piece but not too clear on how it installs. Looks like the screws come in from the back side making for a clean install but a PIA to attach. Did you have to remove the gas tank? It also doesn't show how it holds the hose, looks like maybe a clamp or zip tie on the outside of the hose? I'm also curios what guys have found to work well to hold the hose on the outboard side? Tips and pictures welcome.

fastallison21

There is a recess if u look close,where the hose slides onto the bezel,the holes are drilled all the way thru, u mount the bezel,then slide on the hose and it covers up the mounting screws.i used hose clamps to hold the hose to the bezel,i powder coated my clamps,on the motor end,i slid the hose through my cowling bout an inch or inch and half,then used 2wide zip ties on each hose,it doesnt try to pull through the cowling at all

allimax

There is a recess if u look close,where the hose slides onto the bezel,the holes are drilled all the way thru, u mount the bezel,then slide on the hose and it covers up the mounting screws.i used hose clamps to hold the hose to the bezel,i powder coated my clamps,on the motor end,i slid the hose through my cowling bout an inch or inch and half,then used 2wide zip ties on each hose,it doesnt try to pull through the cowling at all
Ahh, I see what you're saying, I thought that was a flat ledge and it's actually recessed for the hose to slide down into. That's a big help, Thanks.