Rub rail insert replacement for a xtb21

fastallison21

I was wondering if there is a insert replacement for my rub rail on my xtb21? Its not broke but it is showing its age after 23yrs. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx and god bless

whipper

I ordered mine from Bill at Allison. Im sure they can fix you up.They are very inexpensive. But a PITA to replace!! There are some tricks like soapy water that work well but still tight. Have fun with that..:beer:

whipper

Your welcome. That way at least you get the right one and the right length of material. Theres always ordering after market but then you have to worry if its going to fit and ordering to little or to much. Ive found they pretty much can get anything any of our boats need by the serial number. Thats so great!

pacman809

FastAlly- I also replaced my XTB rub rail and agree, the purchase is easy, the install, ...not so much. Lots of hand work. One suggestion, the rail will shrink over time so if you can plan on leaving a little extra at the end, plan on it. I ended up with about a 1.5" short after about 6 weeks. Pacman

Crippen

I wonder if I can revive a thread from 2015? I want to replace the rail and insert on my 92XTB. It’s a little loose at the bow and showing it’s age all around. What’s involved in getting both pieces off?