Running in the Key's video

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Beautiful boat. Where were you at in the keys? Me and the wife were thinking of vacationing down there next year and didn't think my boat would be big enough to take down there. This video is proof I can take mine with me.

DOUBLE J

I was running around Islamorada. I usually take the Ally when I go. We stay a week at a time and out of 7 days I usually get 2-3 smooth days. I run the backwaters from Key largo to Islamorada (the Key's Run on Scream and Fly). Buy you a marine map for the upper Keys and run the channels and you shouldn't have any problems. I can show you where these mangrove runs are if interested.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
What hotel do you stay at? I have a Hummingbird GPS/Fish finder Combo with a map card. Navigation shouldn't be a problem.

DOUBLE J

I like staying in a house rather than a hotel. Check Mitchells Key's Kottage in Islamorada (it's a 1 or 2 bedroom with ramp and private protective mooring area (that's where the boat is sitting in @ end of video). Also stayed @ Kon Tiki which also has ramp and private mooring and my favorite is Anglers Reef (residential gated community) which has docking but no ramp. At Anglers Reef I keep the boat under the carport and use the ramp @ Holiday Isle. If you have navigation you shouldn't have a problem as long as you stay in the channels. I use a map and gps navigation. The sand bar that everyone goes to is out from Holiday Isle and one of the mangrove cuts is just north of Holiday Isle.

Last edited: