Set up help question

Fishfast

Xtb21 just rebuilt Mercury 200 Bob's nose cone 14 inch rapid jack. Need to check height but it is not low. My questions is coming from Bullet not alot of experince here. I am running a 26 chopper worked by Steve in Texas. Just got done with break in on motor and have not opened it up yet. Motor is getting to 5k plus rpms quick and have had it to 6k. Nose of boat seems high and seems to be drifting. Need some direction and assume need to got to a 28 pitch prop. Do not have anything to test because other props are for my Bullet. Got a good deal on a 28 Hoss Triton if I want it. Any suggestions

bassracr

A good place to start would probably be to measure everything out and put your prop shaft even with the pad . The front end may feel high compared to what you are used to, I don't have any experience with bullets . Maybe over trimming is causing the drifting front end feel you are experiencing , I am confident your new boat will require much less trim than your bullet . The hoss 28 should work very well for you . If you can get a trophy 26 small hub that would be a good all around learn to drive, beater, fishin prop . Where are you at? Maybe someone on here local to you can give you a hand . Btw solid mounts , no-slop easy steering is a necccesity also . You can search the board for info on this . Good luck and welcome,
Let us know how it's going

Last edited:

ally2dextreme

I would snatch up the hoss if its in good shape,great props for the A boat.Also set your motor height so you know where your at ,maybe 1/4 below to start altho with 14 inch of setback you will need to bring it up when you get the handle of things.I would also bet your over trimming,the bullet needs a lot of trim compared to the Allison. Also balance is even more important with the Allison than it was with the bullet. Welcome to the A team!

Dave Hensley

My XTB's loved trim and the best they ever ran you could walk under the nose. If you can find a 28" Hoss Hyper drive they are super onthat boat. 1/2" above the pad to start. The trick in an XTB is to put weight in the front of the rod locker to balance. I weighed 200 and 75 pounds in the rod locker with a 12/24 OMC trolling motor was good. Boat handled best with a light passenger and if you flew it high the passenger didn't hurt performance much.

By the way, I had ride guide steering on all of them and all the boats I owned had tremendous steering torque. Small pitch props helped along with lower motor heights. Always liked a hydraulic plate on those boats.

Last edited: