Shine on the GS

K.Kiser

Great job on the boat.. I use meguiars myself.. The one step diminishing compound, then the polish, the their Flagship wax.. Super good results..

ScottB

Project #2 for the day. Thought I would try some carbon fiber wrap with a stripe. I think it will work well with my new interior, but I can always rip it off in about 2 minutes.

Attachments

Jon

Supporting Member
Scott, please do not set the bar quite that high.

Which pad did you use with the Meguiars? How many RPM?

ScottB

Used an orange cutting pad with the 105, and then a white pad with the 205. Ran out of time to hit it with wax and the black polishing pad. I run the DA buffer around 4.5.

Next step for the boat is to get the legs for my skid planer done and then attached to the jack plate. After that, the new interior should be here, and I can put her all back together.

With 12" of ice on the lakes, I guess I have time to get some work done.

Allyfishing

Project #2 for the day. Thought I would try some carbon fiber wrap with a stripe. I think it will work well with my new interior, but I can always rip it off in about 2 minutes.
wow man...now that I like!!!! How did you do that?

ScottB

Bought vinyl wrap off the internt, heat gun and a few YouTube videos. The red stripes were all one decal. Pretty easy, but it is like hanging wallpaper, as it gets easier the more you do it!

flying07

That looks great! now you are giving me ideas. . . . as we have almost the same boat . . haha

whipper

i think the boat and seats looks super great!! Shine on little diamond! Pink floyd BTW. haha Is that seat stuff durable, tough you think? Because I really really like how that looks!!:beer: How far around to the front does it go? Do you have a link to the size/amount one needs to do this? i could see white with a yellow stripe on mine.

Last edited:

ScottB

The materials were exactly $50 for both the carbon fiber ($35) and the stripes ($15). The wrap was a 5'x6' sheet, which i cut into two 3'x5' sheets. The wrap goes around the back, sides and some of the very bottom (no white will show). It is to last 7 or more years in an outdoor environment.

I was going to do a custom design, but the total cost with layout and installation was over $500.

mxzx

Those seats look awesome! Do you think it would be possible to wrap the black windshield part on the GS? Mine is all faded, tried buffing it out but it only lasted a month or so.

ScottB

You can wrap a car or a full boat, so I am sure wrapping the windshield would be easy. There is a Allison SS on this site with a full top wrap. The only limitation is your imagination and pocket book. The wake/skiers are getting full boat wraps, which carry the design into the trailer.