Shipping a xb2003 across the country

dubmoney

I am in the process of purchasing an xb2003 in Illinois, and need to have it shipped, (boat and trailer) to Oregon, or at least within a days drive. Does anyone have any contacts or ideas about doing that. Thank you in advance for any ideas or advise you may have to offer.

ally2dextreme

There's a transport service on screamnfly ,might want to check with them...it would be great if we can get an allison chain to get it to you but I think its thin up that way

skewby

check with lou jones he has an enclosed that he hauls them in so they are not exposed to the weather and road grime

JWolff

I am doing the same thing right now. Virginia (Sanderson marine) to washington state. Around 2700 miles. I got bids on Uship.com. Also talk to Lou. You need to decide on how you want it shipped. A straight tow away service is cheapest but you risk damage during transport. The enclosed trailer is preferred but it is double the cost. I went straight tow away and had mulitple bidders in the $2100 range for my trip.
John

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish I could remember who did mine, but it cost around 1700 to get mine from Virginia to Washington back in 09.

dubmoney

Thanks for the tips and Info guys!! I really appriciate it! Now what about a Mercury motor with a 15" mid section, anybody know of one of those for sale :) My 15 year dream is about to come true.

ally2dextreme

Thanks for the tips and Info guys!! I really appriciate it! Now what about a Mercury motor with a 15" mid section, anybody know of one of those for sale :) My 15 year dream is about to come true.
Better have deep pockets! On a 2003/your better off with a 20 in most cases