RedAllison

Time has ticked away and here we are barely 2 months out from the event. So let's see who IS coming for sure. (Please keep this post ONLY for a list of whose for sure coming. If you have any questions or want to talk about the trip there are already a couple of other existing posts in the fishing section!)

1st ANNUAL ALLISONOWNERS.COM TEXAS BASS CLASSIC!!!
Wed. March 26th-Sun. March 30th 2008.
Host site/Hdqtrs: Lake Fork Marina. www.LakeForkMarina.com

Wed 3/26/08: Travel day. No official plans other than beer and boosheutn in the parkin lot after supper time. (Remember this a dry county so bring in ya own beer.) Since everyone will be traveling in I didn't plan any official cookouts.

Thurs 3/27/08: Fishing/Scouting day. You can hire guides, fish on your own, discover the lake, do whatever you want. I know I will be at Moser's that morning AND lunchtime. If ya wanna join come on! We're making supper plans, be it 20oz Tbones at Moser's or grilling/Q'n at the lodge/hotel. Plenny of beer and boosheutin in the parking lot to follow that night.

Fri 3/28/08: First day of two day tourney. Weigh-in shouldn't be any big deal since it's a paper tourney. For an actual fish kept limit, 4 under the slot and 1 over the slot. Since it IS a paper tourney if you are a BAD enough dude to catch more than 1 over then you certainly can count the "extras" in your paper creel. (tourney times to be determined later, probably something like 6-3 etc...) Again, breakfast at Moser's will be a MUST DO for me. Lunchwise, everyone is on their own since it's tournament hours. There are several lakeside restaurants if you want to take the time from each day. Again we'll make plans for supper later, be it 20oz Tbones at Moser's or grilling/Q'n at the lodge/hotel. Plenny of beer and boosheutin in the parkin lot to follow that night.

Sat 3/29/08: Same schedule as Friday.

Entry fee for the tourney is $100 per boat. The total of entry fee's will be split, 50% going to big fish of the tournament and the remaining 50% going to the 1st place finishers with the heaviest sack for 2 days. Since it's a "winner take all" if the 1st place boat also catches the biggest fish of the event, they're goin away with 100% ofda ca$h!!! :beer: (A distinct possibility in "hawg country") I'm going to provide plaques for: 1). Heaviest sack 1st day. 2). Biggest fish 1st day. 3). Heaviest sack 2nd day 4). Biggest fish 2nd day. There will be trophies for: 1). Tournament winner. 2). Biggest fish of tournament.

Sun 3/30/08: Travel home, no scheduled activities.

Back last fall I reserved 5 regular rooms (2 queensized beds in each) under my name: Jim McFarland/Allison Tournament. You can call Lake Fork Marina to ask for any remaining of those 5. Again this is spring at Fork so stuff has probably booked. But if you CAN'T get something at LFM get with me and we can try to find something at the other plentiful and nearby motels/camps.

1). Jim McFarland and ???. Jackson, TN. Arriving on the afternoon of the 26th.

TN XB-21

2) Dennis Kenny (TN XB-21) Memphis,TN Arriving on the afternoon of Tues. 25th.

Last edited:

Texan

Bill Parker (Texan) Texarkana, TX, and fishing partner Steve Zucca, arriving Wednesday afternoon (with BBQ pit in tow as well)

Bob Ant

3). Bill Parkwe Texarkana, Tx and partner Steve Zucca arriving Wednesday afternoon.

4). Bob Anthony (Chattanooga) and partner Rich McKaleb arriving Tuesday evening.

pickwickangler

3). Bill Parker Texarkana, Tx and partner Steve Zucca arriving Wednesday afternoon.

4). Bob Anthony (Chattanooga) and partner Rich McKaleb arriving Tuesday evening.

5) Andy Parker (Corinth, MS) arriving sometime wed.

Bob Ant

3). Bill Parker Texarkana, Tx and partner Steve Zucca arriving Wednesday afternoon.

6) Ray Stephenson and Brad Green arriving Tuesday afternoon -- coworker with Bob Anthony

RedAllison

COOL Bob, I'm sure your buds will have a great time with us. :beer:

MAN I'm ready for this trip, gonna be a FUN one men!!! :at the bar
RA

Bob Ant

I can't wait. The closer it gets , the more anxious I get. We're going to have a lot of fun and catching some biggun's is gonna be a bonus.

The Cashew Kid

:beer: Red, remind me to bring enough pencils and note pads for everybody.:wink:LMAO:
1). Jim McFarland and Jeff Brazil. Jackson, TN/Southaven,MS. Arriving on the afternoon of the 26th.

6) Ray Stephenson and Brad Green arriving Tuesday afternoon -- coworker with Bob Anthony[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Texan

It might be worth mentioning that, while I know this is a paper tournament, Texas Parks & Wildlife will pay for a fiberglass replica to be given to the angler that boats, and weighs in a 13+ largemounth, then donates it to the Texas Share A Lunker program. Go to http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/visitorcenters/tffc/budsharelunker/rules/ for the specifics. We are gonna be on Fork when the possibility is great for something like this to occur.

We may need to make allowances for this in case someone is fortunate enough to bring something like this to the boat. I, for one will certainly forgo the tournament in order to donate to this program and hang a glass replica on my office wall.

TN XB-21

What is the rule gonna be Mr Tournament Director (AKA RA)???:relax::gone fishing:gone fishing

RedAllison

I just got off the phone with Ken @ Lake Fork Marina, everyone's rooms are ready for GO! (Everyone must have booked their own room instead of getting one under the Allison Owners room block because he still had 3 open of the 5 I had blocked last summer. I cancelled those remaining three rooms because if I didn't do that 24 hours before our arrival I would've been charged for them.)

I have the rooms as follows:

1). Mine, Jeff "Mercboy175" Brazil and Andy "PickwickAngler" Parker will be roomin with me, they told me they were sleepin together!
Maybe I need to call back and get one of those cancelled rooms!

2). Dennis "TN XB21" Kenny. Has his own room. Though he'll be fishing with Andy.

3). Bill "Texan" Parker and his partner Steve Zucca. They reserved their own room.

4). Bob "Bob Ant" Anthony and his partner Rich McKaleb. Ken told me Bob was down for one of the rooms in the block.

5). Ray Stephenson and his partner Brad Green. They reserved their own room.

5 Boats, 10 men and a WHOLE LOTTA FUN and boosheutin... I asked Ken for a fishing report and he said this week is turning out to be PRIME TIME. He said they've had SEVERAL 10s weighed-in and even a 12#er since the 2 over 13 were put in the ShareAlunker program 2 weeks ago!

LET IT HAPPUN CAPPUN,