Skeg Question

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Jay, I don't have the mod on any of mine but I am hoping that someone will post some pics.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Here's a bottom view of the "Baker Mod" skeg that a lot of guys use.

Photo courtesy of Kevin from FL

propmanjay

thanx

Hey thank you for the pic. I am haveing fun with the new boat and am of coarse looking for every edge I can get. Should receve my stinger SS NOS system on friday I can hardly wait! Otta wake up my little drag. Any way thanks.

badbait

Jay, it sound to like your getting real serious about this performance thing. The race layup that you have on that hull should really fly with NOS.

As far as your skeg goes, if you havent done one before you should not do it yourself without looking at a lot of modified skegs and then deciding what you want done. If I were you with the kind of power your going to have on tap in that lightweight boat. I would send the case to someone like Titus, JCs, or Bobs. That boat may be capable of over 120 if the case is done right. If you had a car that would go that fast you would want to run a set of recaps on it. (Do they still recap tires for cars) Well you know what I mean.

XB21er

It's a 3 liter sporty- no welded torque tab- just a notched, tapered & cut down skeg. I should have qualified the pic. I was just trying to give him a profile. I guess the Baker mod would be without the notch.

Craig