ski pole needs help!

I/O to O/B

Hey - so I picked up a swivl-eze ski tripod and am gonna install it on my 2003. 'the seat pole has threading on the end, and the instructions say you either have to screw that end into the bottom of the seat base, or, find a way to run a cotter pin through the threaded part from underneath the hatch. Well, there ain't no threads in the seat base, and the black tube that contains the seatbase itself doesn't have transparent sides,l so I could never know where to drill through to find the hole to ionsert the cotter pin.
Do those of you usung this set up just leave the ski post sit in the bottom of theseat base? Any other crafty ideas? Thanks Guys.

BornYoung

How I install my swivl-eze on my 03.
I try to measure buddy installation and also try to measure the hole of the ski pole pin hole and then drill a small pilot hole in front (which face back of the boat) on the black seat support. After drilling it and looking at it with a flash light I wasn't close, so instead of screwing around with it i just drill the pilot hole through into and pass the the ski pole and out of the black pipe. (made a new hole in the ski pole). Otherwise I could have made the black pipe swiss cheese trying to align up the original pin hole of the ski pole. I also didn't bring the side support out as far as they recommend because I wanted to be able to open my rear side compartment without having to disconnect the side support bars. There is just enough space between the gas tank and the black pipe to lock the pin in place so it can't come back out.
The 03 does put out wicked double wave and not the best for salom ski if you are really into ski but for rec ski it's fine IMO.

I/O to O/B

Thanks BY. Thats the first I've heard about a "double wave" for a wake. Most post Ive seen say the 03 is pretty good for slalom skiing. Hope it works out.

xb03fs

What is the recommended distance for the support pins. Min/Max

strip

I installed the swivel eze on my 2003. I measured down the suport tube to a distance that I knew would hit the ski pole yet still be above the factory pin hole in the ski pylon and drilled a hole from side to side clear through. I put a spring type clevis pin in and ski all day long...Well actually tube all day long and BTW I pull two tubes at a time because it saves gas.:big grin:big grin I have never had any problems.

6 21 09 277.jpg

6 21 09 319.jpg

6 21 09 307.jpg

I/O to O/B

Very helpful guys, thanks. So, what's the story on the 2003 "double wake" for slalom skiing? I was hoping for a nice flat wake on this rig.

xb03fs

Don't know but I have skiied behind bassboats all my life not spoiled with a ski boat, so I dont think I will have problems.

My Last baot was a 17' Stratos Fish and Ski, I cant imgaine the 03 being mch different.

I will give full reports or rec skiing in May, water is still a little cold, about 50 in MO

strip

unless you have skied behind a flat bottom tournament ski tow boat, you will think the Alli wake is awesome. All boats put out the double wake, it is just that the pro ski boats being flat bottomed leaves a very small one. Every other type ski boat, run about, and outboard leaves the v shaped wake off the back. the ally wake is smaller and cleaner than most. If you are a recreational skier it will seam better than normal.

xb03fs

Thats what I was hoping to hear. The best wake I have had since growing up was behind my uncles old trihull, it didn't weigh much and the little 70 hp merc didn't throw much of a wake. The worst was my dads old Tidecraft Wildfire, and my Stratos wasn't bad. My other uncles trihull is so so