Skid planer xb2003

Mick

Do any of you guys with a 2003 have a problem with your skid planer getting tweaked and twisted from normal running? Im Getting Ready to install my lls2 and upon inspection noticed that the bottom surface was concaved and the sides that bolt to the jack plate were a little tweaked. My question is has any one divised a plan to help strengthen it, looked at my buddy's on a xb21 and noticed there's a block that is attached to the hull to make it very secure from flex but on the 03 there's really nothing there to attach it too. My plan is to get some threaded aluminum rod and bolt the to sides of it to hopefully add some rigidness.(bolt thru both sides of plates and bolt on the outside) to hopefully keep it straight. if any one has encountered this problem or solved it please lmk.. Thanks. Can't figure out how to post pics

skewby

mick that planer was like that when i bought the boat. it drive fine so i never messed with it. it didnt look like it took a hit or anything. more like the previous owner modified it that way

scj

I would remove it and straighten the pieces back to original then put apiece of flat stock across the inside to help maintain the correct width.

Allyfishing

Skewby, it's not supposed to be arched up like that. Not that you did anything to it I just think over time from rough water or coming down hard on a wave it will eventually cave up like that. If it were not for Mick wanting to put his LSS-2 ducer on it like the 21's I'd say leave it like it is.

We're installing his electronics on Sunday so I will get a better look at it and decide which route we'll take. If we install the ducer on the underside of the planer then we have to have a plan to keep it from getting bent again. The ducer won't work with it rounded like that.

Mick

Just came back from the hardware store with a beatiful piece of 1/4" aluminum stock and some stainless hardware. Gonna make some beatiful brackets to keep it all aligned up nice I hope. no worrys Skewby, I don't doubt anything about this rig!

skewby

yeah i new their supposed to be strait craig but the boat handled so well and in my opinion launched pretty good for just having a lil small fishing motor

scj

It launched damn good as I had to really step all over my Yamasuki so as not to be eating roost last year at the Rally.

Mick

yeah i new their supposed to be strait craig but the boat handled so well and in my opinion launched pretty good for just having a lil small fishing motor
Hahaha, that's what I told the old man fishing at ramp over Christmas when he asked about my engine, just a lil small fishing motor..