Skid planer?????

I have an adjustable fixed jack plate(if that makes sense). It is 9” and a 5-1/2 hydraulic. The skid planer mounts to the fixed plate. This allows the hydraulic to move without interference.

I do not. I just have the skid planer. I did have a Titus coned Lower but it gave up on life and I’m currently building a new lower. The Titus unit had an integrated foil added to the cavitation plate.

ROBERT CROSS

I wasn't paying attention when downloaded that pic, that's GSE #1 it had the black powder coated extension, #2 has a much thicker aluminum one from CMC.
Here are some GSE #2 pics...17409174101741117412

Ally-Sun

I think you are still good Robert. You have one hole you will just have to drill another a few inches up to make it work. I had to drill my Hydrodynamics Jack plate to make it work. I think rule of thumb is to stay minimum 1” away from any other hole or any edge. The other factor would be to make sure you place the hole on the Jack plate where you can reach the nut on the inside. Even if you have to drill an additional hole in the planner bracket. Heck I even had to narrow my planner bracket by 1/8” because it was too wide to fit between the transom plate and the portion of the Jack plate that moves. I also had to cut the planner plate itself a bit to shorten it up. Which allowed for clearance at the front of the LU. All I did to make to work was well worth the effort!

DOUBLE J

I've been following this thread and I have a different opinion on the skid planer. I've had the skid planer on Grandsports and personally prefer it without the planer. I like to run in chop and I have bent the planer coming off a large wake before. So I tried it without no foil and no planer and way to much bow rise. I tried just put the cavitation foil on and the bow rise is considerably less. So personally, I prefer no planer but definitely the foil on the cavitation plate.

Ally-Sun

I've been following this thread and I have a different opinion on the skid planer. I've had the skid planer on Grandsports and personally prefer it without the planer. I like to run in chop and I have bent the planer coming off a large wake before. So I tried it without no foil and no planer and way to much bow rise. I tried just put the cavitation foil on and the bow rise is considerably less. So personally, I prefer no planer but definitely the foil on the cavitation plate.
That's that 280 skipping you across the waves so fast! :p:p:p