Slider

BigRedAlli

My Ally is center steer. I added the side slide so I could put another bucket up front if needed. I usely just have the two buckets in the center (1 in front & 1 in back). If we have friends along, i'll through in the bench and put both buckets in the front.

Marty...

froggy

Forkin',

Alison uses a compromise helm location, with the sliding seat. The helm is located to the right of center, but not all the way right, like a side steer. It seems the helm is midway between center and right side. I thought it would be problematic, but it works great.

froggy

fishnfireman

My 2003 had it and this new 21 does also.
I ordered the first one that way because I used to fish a lot of pro am tournaments. would prefish a lot by myself and put the seat close to center. then when you have a partner move it back.
liked it so well I had this one done the same.
I think you will like it :!:

It would be easy to make the Hy-steering moveable :!: :idea: :idea:

Fl Boy in ILL

Side Slide

The steering is moved over 4" to the center, then the seat is on a slide. I had it on the SS2000, it took me maybe 30 minutes to get used to it after that I never even thought about it.

Rick

RB in NM

I had designed a Steering Helm Slide system for my XB-2003, when I was setting it up, and wanted the slide seat and the wheel to match locations.
I never installed it, and had a prototype out of aluminum plate and teflon silde /wear plates, it probably woulda worked cherry.
But I found I have zero issues with the side steer if balanced right.

Besides, it would sorta kill my soul to cutout a large enough opening to accomadate the sliding setup..... :cry:

RB

msethsmile

Funny Guy
steering

I had 2 dash holes in mine and would put the ride guide where it was needed. Pain in the neck and wouldn't wnt to do it daily.