Small mouth help

merc106

Hey guys, I live in Florida and am wanting to go catch some smallmouth in August. Does anybody have some advice on where to go in August thanks for any. Bob 352-472-7867

SmallJaw

Bob, it depends on how far you want to travel and if you want to fish at night or daytime. That would be the criteria I would have to sift through anyway. It would be hard to beat night time fishing in August on Wheeler, Wilson, Pickwick, Dale Hollow, Percy Priest and other areas in the Tennessee Valley area. If you want daytime fishing at it's best I would have to do some checking to see about fishing on Erie, Michigan, or any number of the lakes of the NE that are known smallmouth haunts. In our part of the country you are just lucky when you can catch smallmouths during the day which is why I hate even trying when it gets hot outside.:wink

FlatOutAlly

Hey guys, I live in Florida and am wanting to go catch some smallmouth in August. Does anybody have some advice on where to go in August thanks for any. Bob 352-472-7867
Upper Mississippi River. Anywhere from Wabasha, MN to Brainerd. If necessary, I might be able to put you in touch with Al L who knows the area well. :laughing

Last edited: